Organize your notes and increase your research productivity with Ilaro, a research note taking database that combines the best features of note cards, research journals, and databases in one beautiful and friendly interface. Ilaro makes it easier to organize research notes, track citations, develop new ideas, and prepare to write research reports. Used by students, professors, authors, and professionals, Ilaro saves time and gets the most out of your research.
* Reached top grossing app lists in 34 countries!
* Used by students, authors, and professionals for a wide range of projects
* An excellent tool for organizing writing notes
* Quickly record citations and sources
* Organize research notes with simple tagging of subjects and sources
* Enter sources using ISBN lookup or use your device camera to scan barcodes
* Track research questions and ideas in the journal
* Manage multiple projects
* Keep iOS devices synced via iCloud
DISCOVER NEW IDEAS
* Discover the strongest connections between research subjects, sources, and authors
* Ilaro automatically tracks key connections between your research notes and subjects
* View research notes along with related subjects, sources, and authors
* Filter note cards by many attributes such as subject and source
* Use full-text search to filter notes
* Save live updating filters
* Track your subject, source, and author card counts and relationships
* See research activity on a per-day basis
FLEXIBLE AND POWERFUL
* Stay organized by taking structured notes
* View notes related to events on a structured timeline
* Make notes of any length you desire
* Helps enforce strong research note taking skills
* Prepare bibliographies by exporting citations
ACTIVELY USED IN A VARIETY OF PROJECTS
* Academic research
* Research papers
* Book writing
* Lecture preparation
* Business and legal research reports
* Genealogical research
* Historical research
SHARE YOUR WORK
* Print note cards over Air Print
* Export in RTF, plain text, or HTML
* Open exported notes in other apps
* Email without leaving the app
* All user feedback is carefully considered for improving the app
* Contact support at http://2209squared.com/support with any questions, feature requests or just to share how you use Ilaro!
Thank you for supporting independent developers!
This update features another round of improvements:
* Resolved card formatting issue
* Stability updates
Ratings and Reviews
I love how versatile this app is! I originally bought it for research projects in my classes and it's been wonderful for that. I've been able to carry around all of my notes and not worry about leaving any of them behind. I think the app has helped me be more efficient academically, especially because of how easy it is to see how my notes relate to each other, but I'm really excited about how I can use it for other things too. I just began to use it for a personal genealogy project to track my family tree/history. The timeline feature has been great for me to see the big points and events in my family line. I think this is a great app.
The new update lets you organize the cards yourself. The text formatting is nice, but it would be great if we could use color in addition to the bold, italic, and underline options. One of the last updates added category colors to the subject cards. That was a useful addition. The app is pretty good. It is getting better. I am looking forward to future updates!
Nice and useful, but...
It REALLY needs a desktop version, with sync.
This is a really useful app, I've been looking for something like this for a long time (as a grad student in the humanities -- lots of citations, etc.), and this does the job very nicely. The only drawback, which is a huge drawback for me, is that I can only use it on my iPad, although the majority of writing I do still occurs on the computer. Yes, the rtf export works, but it's not extremely useful, as I can't update the database from my desktop.
So please, please, do come up with something for the desktop.
Great concept - No sync
I reviewed this app previously, and favorably. However, I can no longer use this app until sync is solved. When my iPad crashed, fortunately, I had exported my last set of research to evernote, but it is in rtf! Yuck! The extensive research data for a particular set of topics I am researching would have to be built from scratch from a huge set of ‘cards’ or tagged notes. I have moved back to a less brilliant app, but I do miss the unique, filtering/sorting that Ilaro provided.
Don’t let it stump you, you have a kernel of greatness here. I’ll revise to 5 stars once iCloud sync (or any sync) is solved.
- twenty.two o.nine squared llc
- 79.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © twenty.two o.nine squared, llc 2012 - 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.