By NATIVE INSTRUMENTS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE GROOVE SKETCHPAD
iMASCHINE puts professional groove production in the palm of your hand.
"The subway just got way more fun." (GIZMODO)
"A brillliantly designed little app, far more flexible than beatboxes and more than the sketchpad it is billed as. Export to Maschine rounds off the package." (Music Tech, UK)
Create a beat on 16 pads. Add a melody with the keyboard. Spice up your track with a field recording or lay down vocals, and even sample directly from iTunes.
No matter which iOS device you use, iMASCHINE adapts to your screen size – a compact workflow for iPhone and an optimized iPad workflow for two-handed groove production.
- 16 pads for real-time groove production on your iOS device
- Included library features 100 MB of content: 10 projects, 25 kits, and over 400 samples
- Additional ‘Quantum Collection’ sound pack derived from MASCHINE 2 Library adds 20 kits, 10 projects, 15 instruments, and over 400 samples to iMASCHINE’s library (email registration required)
- Sample directly from your iTunes library
- Record your own one-shot samples through the integrated microphone on your iOS device
- Keyboard mode for playing chords, bass, and melodies
- Note repeat with 1/4 note to 1/32 note range for keyboard and drum pad mode
- Audio recorder lets you record vocals, field recordings or any audio from your iOS device’s microphone
- Assign any of the 4 groups to any mode, e.g. for use as a 4-track recorder
- Mixer page with XY performance pads includes two send effects per group: delay, flanger, chorus, and various filters
- Live-mode sequencer automatically detects recorded loop length
- Import your own 44.1 kHz 16-bit .WAV samples via iTunes
- Huge collections of additional drum kits and instrument sounds called iMASCHINE Expansions available through in-app store
- Export your mix as an audio file or directly upload it to SoundCloud
- Export your project (including samples) to MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO
- Universal Binary. Purchase the app and iMASCHINE Expansions once and use them on all devices connected with that iTunes account
///THE WORLD OF MASCHINE
iMASCHINE is based on MASCHINE – the renowned groove production system from Native Instruments. MASCHINE is available in three different hardware versions: MASCHINE STUDIO, MASCHINE, and MASCHINE MIKRO. All come with the same cutting-edge software including professional sound library, drum synths and melodic synthesizers, and effects. The software also features a cutting-edge sampler, mixer, clip-based arranger, and visual browser.
MASCHINE STUDIO is the flagship music production system with unprecedented physical control thanks to its generous control layout, jog wheel, and two big high res displays for ultimate visual feedback.
MASCHINE is the classic groove production system with straight forward hardware workflow, 8 display knobs for tweaking instruments and effect parameters plus dedicated groups button to switch sounds fast.
MASCHINE MIKRO has the same high-quality, touch-sensitive pads as MASCHINE STUDIO and MASCHINE in a more compact format. The perfect entry into the world of MASCHINE or a tactile addition to any production or performance setup.
Check out the Native Instruments website for more info, artist and product videos, images, sound examples and more:
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Fixed a crash when importing files not available locally
- Fixed several smaller issues
- Documentation refinements
Ugh, I want my old iMaschine back! This latest update is sluggish loading new drum kits. The alignment of the numbers in the metronome 'roller bar' is off. (The middle number doesn't line up correctly.) But the worst thing is that the new look is so completely drab to look at. Really awful. From the color of the pads to the white on drab grey background of the UI.
I absolutely loved the old iMaschine, and use it everyday. I can't tell you how many people I've recommended this app to. Fellow musicians and students alike. This update was a case of 'nothing was broken so why the heck did you fix it'!
Unfortunately, I can't imagine that the developers are going to roll back these terrible UI updates, because they no doubt must have taken a lot of time and effort. (Though I can't imagine anyone looking at this and thinking 'Yeah, we nailed it! This is what the new iMaschine will look like! Putrid grey and bleak orange! You know, nothing at all like any of our actual physical products!)
My hope is that someone will listen and fix the bugs that they've introduced into this new version. I'll also secretly pray that someone up the food chain sees the error of their ways and moves iMaschine back to a design that's more in line with where things used to be.
The metronome is completely broken. 90 BPM is not accessible. It skips right from 80 to 90. Developers, PLEASE fix this!
Native instruments, they make great stuff...
I'm just learning this and it seems like it has quite a bit of potential. I know that they will support it and it will grow that is the advantage of getting something from a company with a rock solid reputation and so many years in the business. Their PC stuff is just over the top good in quality.
I don't understand why the pads aren't shaded from top to bottom to provide at least four or five levels of intensity, and from left to right to provide an effect or a pan... seems like a no-brainer just a visual adaptation of the use of the equipment. Maybe their developer should look at orphions edges and transitions...swiping between pads for a third trip...
Very good. But it has to develop more.
This is very good controller app in ipad. But i feel that it is not good as beatmaker2. I think it need more functions.
First thing is sample inserting, it is little uncomfortable as compared with impc that just drag, and has no stretching sample also.
Second thing is it has no patterns, so it is difficult to make song like beatmaker. It has to make just only sense, can't make song like beatmaker.
Third thing is you have to fix bugs. When i use performance, recording has delay. That is very annoying.
Thanks to make good app. But but i think that need to expand app functions more.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 213 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Native Instruments GmbH
- © 2014, Native Instruments GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Swagg City$2.99
- Vintage Heat$0.99
- True School$0.99
- Platinum Bounce$0.99
- Drop Squad$0.99
- Transistor Punch$0.99
- Dark Pressure$0.99
- Conant Gardens$0.99
- Helios Ray$0.99
- Electric Vice$0.99