IMDb Movies & TV
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find showtimes, watch trailers, browse photos, track your must-see list and rate your favorite movies and TV shows!
IMDb is the world’s largest collection of movie, TV and celebrity info. We aim to list every detail about every movie and TV show ever made, including who was in it, who made it, the plot, user ratings, trailers, photos, reviews, quotes, goofs, trivia and much more.
- Works on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Over 2 million movie and TV titles
- Over 4 million celebrities, actors, actresses, directors and crew members
- Movie showtimes at theaters near you
- TV listings for your timezone
- Recaps of TV shows from last night
- Upcoming movies
- Latest entertainment news from hundreds of media outlets
- Latest DVD releases
- Popular movies
Explore Popular Charts:
- Best Picture award winners
- Top-rated movies of all time
- Most popular movies of the day
- Most popular celebrities of the day
- Lowest-rated movies of all time
- Most popular movies by genre
- Most popular TV shows
- US box office results
- Celebrity birthdays
- Movie trailers
- User reviews for movies and TV shows
- Critic reviews for movies and TV shows
- Quotes, trivia and goofs about movies, TV shows, and celebrities
- Your browse and search history on IMDb
What's New in Version 4.2
• US TV listings! See when and where you can watch things, wherever you are in the US.
• Amazon Prime availability! You can now tell at a glance when a title is available on Amazon Prime. If you have the Amazon Instant Video app installed already, tap to play!
• New showtimes page design on iPhone.
• For a movie coming out Friday (or any other day in the future and we know about it), you can get its showtimes right from the title page!
• Bug fixes, including a weird bug where your ratings history would show your most recently rated titles twice.
Also, we realized that we hadn’t been asking most of you to rate our app. So we’ve re-enabled it, but it’s hidden somewhere in the app so as to not be so annoying. Call it a late Easter Egg. Or you could just give us a rating right now since you’re reading these app release notes in iTunes. Yeah? Sweet, thanks. We <3 you too.
They put a lot of work into it
This is a great app and it provides everything I want at a glance. They consistently tweak the things that don't work into something that does. I always appreciate devs that put thought and effort into improving an app. This update has some great new features too.
Only thing I'd tweak for next time is when you look up an actor and it says they were in 23 episodes of a show, it doesn't show all 23 of those episodes, only like six. If you click on the show (where it says how many episodes they've appeared in) it takes you to the show rather than first showing you all episodes that actor appeared in. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Overall super duper app
A must have app for all iPhone users.
I have had this app on my phone since it was released. It only gets better with the updates. Imdb is great for searching a recognizable face of an actor or finding what happened in the latest episode of your favorite TV show or even creating a list of movies you want to watch. It's movie database is the best of all the internet by far!
Would love to see Shazam like integration for finding out tv shows and movies. Similar to IntoNow by Yahoo which was recently shut down.
I love this app! I use it all the time. When my friends and I get into heated discussions about who's in what, I break out the ol cell phone and look it up!
I also use it to plan on what movies I am going to see in the next few months.
I love being able to get reviews from professional critics and users too!
This is a must have app for anybody even a little bit interested in movies!!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 23, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 14.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: IMDb
- © 1990-2014 IMDb.com, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.