IMDb is the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch using your Watchlist, and rate movies and shows you’ve seen. Watch video – including exclusive IMDb Originals, trailers, behind-the-scenes clips, and more. Get showtimes near you, buy tickets, and read critic and user reviews.
Please note - IMDb is not a video streaming service. Full-length movies and TV shows are not available within the app.
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Get personalized recommendations for movies and TV shows
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV, and celebrity picks, or make it just for you
• Search our database of more than 5 million movies, TV shows, and entertainment programs, and more than 8 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage from the Academy Awards (Oscars), Golden Globes, Emmys, San Diego Comic-Con, film festivals, and more
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, and celebrity birthdays
• Receive notifications for the latest trailers, movie showtimes, and breaking news
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers, IMDb Originals, and clips from movies and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user and critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Prime Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets direct from your phone or tablet
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://c.getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
We gave our people and title pages a little facelift - check it out, and let us know what you think! We also added Latest Trailers and News to the Watchlist tab, and added a Recommendations experience to help you find great shows and movies to watch. Thanks for using IMDb!
In v9.3.1, we fixed an issue where the app wasn't always opening on iOS 10 and 11.
Ratings and Reviews
Get the buzz on what’s worth watching and see what the critics are saying.
Y’all have been my “go to” app for…heck, I think since 1992, when I first got online. I’ve enjoyed that as you’ve grown, your IT folks have “grown” the app with the user in mind, meaning it all makes sense as you’re using it. The search function isn’t mindless, watchlist, ratings, yadda yadda yadda. I’ve always appreciated that you are the ONLY app I’ve used that is consistently responsive to your users. MAJOR kudos - seriously.
I don’t mind that there are ads prior to the actual trailers - bottom lines are important. And you can’t keep quality IT people onboard if you don’t have the budget, (new and better equipment needs must be met in a constantly emerging technology situation - I get it all. That having been said, this latest commercial deluge (extremely annoying ones that I can’t stop, and can’t back out of, even on the landing page) have made me go look to YouTube/Google instead. And my Watch List…oh well. It is what it is. I get on to leave my rating, and remind myself how good/bad a movie it was. I feel like a traitor, kind of, although not enough to come back. I will check back occasionally and see if it’s just for that particular movie, and if so, I’ll do my happy dance, and resume. If that’s the “new IMDB,” I’ll be deleting the app and go online search. I’m sorry to see it and to respond as such, but it is what is, I guess. Best of luck in all your future endeavors.
Developer Response ,
I have to admit, we have had some issues with iOS 11 over the past few weeks, though it's getting better. Thanks for the update and the nice words, we appreciate it! Jess, IMDb
The Premier Source for Info Re: Movies and Television
The Internet Movie Database or IMDb is and has been since it’s inception the premier source for information about Movies and Television. Not only will you be able to find a complete listing of actors for a movie or television episode, you can also find out who wrote the script, who directed it, produced it, etc. If it’s in the film credits, it’s in the IMDb. Additionally, you will find a listing of awards which the film won or for which it was nominated, what year a film was released, critics reviews of the release, and a user created list of memorable quotes and trivia. You can switch easily from finding the actors who appeared in a film to finding a list of films a given actor has to their credit. The IMDb is one of the best things to come out of the internet, making television and movie information available at your fingertips.
The app is essentially website access without the need to go through a browser. There are no additional features or information. This is not because the app is lacking, but because the website is already so rich with content.
- 105.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 1990-2018 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.