IMDb – the world’s most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content.
Watch trailers, get showtimes near you, buy tickets, read critic and user reviews. Explore popular movies and TV shows, entertainment news, and the latest awards and events. Track what you want to watch on your Watchlist, and rate movies and TV shows you’ve seen.
• Search our catalog of more than 4 million movie, TV and entertainment programs and more than 6 million cast and crew members, including celebrities, actors, actresses, and directors
• Read breaking entertainment news
• Browse quotes, trivia, and goofs
• Get complete event coverage, including the Golden Globes and the Academy Awards (Oscars)
• Check out Best Picture winners, the top-rated and most popular movies and TV shows, celebrity birthdays, and more
• Receive notifications for new trailers, movie showtimes, breaking news, and more
Decide what to watch and where to watch it:
• Watch the latest trailers and clips for movie and TV shows
• Check movie and TV ratings
• Read user & critic reviews
• Discover titles available to watch on Amazon Video
Check showtimes and buy local movie tickets:
• Use your current location to get nearby showtimes
• Save your favorite theaters
• Sort movie showtimes by start time, end time, genre, rating, and more
• Buy tickets right from your phone or tablet
Sign in to:
• Add movies and TV shows to your Watchlist
• Rate what you’ve seen
• Save your favorite theaters
• Create lists to share your movie, TV & celebrity picks, or make it just for you
A few IMDb features require special permissions:
- Location: share your location to display nearby movie showtimes, theaters, and tickets available to purchase
- Calendar: give access to your calendar to track movie and TV release dates
- Camera and Photos: give access to the camera and your photos if you’d like to submit new images for a movie or TV show
- Push Notifications: allow push notifications and get notified about featured trailers, new movies in theaters near you, awards and events news, and more
IMDb is available worldwide in English (US/UK), Spanish, German, French, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese.
Do you think we're doing something well? Is there something we've overlooked? Please post your feedback at https://getsatisfaction.com/imdb/categories/imdb_ios_app
We’ve added easier filtering to most of our lists. We’ve also updated our video player, making videos load faster and play more smoothly. Thanks for using IMDb!
Ratings and Reviews
Get the buzz on what’s worth watching and see what the critics are saying.
The Premier Source for Info Re: Movies and Television
The Internet Movie Database or IMDb is and has been since it’s inception the premier source for information about Movies and Television. Not only will you be able to find a complete listing of actors for a movie or television episode, you can also find out who wrote the script, who directed it, produced it, etc. If it’s in the film credits, it’s in the IMDb. Additionally, you will find a listing of awards which the film won or for which it was nominated, what year a film was released, critics reviews of the release, and a user created list of memorable quotes and trivia. You can switch easily from finding the actors who appeared in a film to finding a list of films a given actor has to their credit. The IMDb is one of the best things to come out of the internet, making television and movie information available at your fingertips.
The app is essentially website access without the need to go through a browser. There are no additional features or information. This is not because the app is lacking, but because the website is already so rich with content.
I’ve long looked to IMDB for most, if not all of my pop culture news... and unfortunately with the last update I’m forced to use google news instead... The news topic list drones on without a seeming end and in order for me to switch topics (Top, Movies, Tv, Celeb) I either have to scroll all the way back to the top or I have to back out of the news and then open it again and switch. There was a similar issue a few updates back but it was resolved. It’s too clunky now and really like it if they streamlined it again. Until then I’m left giving it a 3 star review... 😞
(Update: I had known about tapping the top of the screen, as I said it’s just a clunky design. Before the update, the topics were at the top and immediately accessible for switching with just a tap. It just felt more streamlined. I am understanding of change and I accept it freely, especially when it makes things easier and functions better. I’m a big fan of the bug fixes that were addressed like when the app would restart as I was changing back and forth between this and other apps. Or when it would close the page I was on when my screen would lock.... Those fixes were great, and I thank you for them.)
Hi H16H_C0MM4ND3R, this is the IMDb iOS Team. We've improved News in the app to enable showing all news items in our database from only showing the last 100. To scroll back to the top, simply tap on the iPhone system bar (where you'd usually see time, battery, wifi and other system information) and it will bring you back to the top of the news. Let us know if it works for you.
-IMDb iOS Team
- 101 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 1990-2017 IMDb.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.