imo free video calls and text
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the millions of people using imo to message and call your family and friends for FREE!
- Avoid SMS charges - send unlimited imo messages over 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi for FREE
- High-quality browser-to-mobile video and voice calls
- Share pictures and voice messages with friends
- Express yourself with FREE stickers!
- Create groups with friends, family, roommates and more
- Easily share and explore photos in your groups
- Meet new people on the imo Network
- Quickly search your chat history
Twitter @ https://twitter.com/imoim
What's New in Version 3.11.3
so much for that.
imo is beautiful, reliable, and now completely useless.
imo no longer supports third party services. I would have gladly paid—maybe even a recurring subscription!—for the app as it used to function, but I don't know anyone who actually uses the imo network instead of their perfectly functional Gtalk, Facebook, and Skype accounts, so my imo contacts list would be a sad, empty wasteland and probably make me feel bad about my life.
I'm also frankly a little insulted by the transparent way imo forced its network onto users and then yanked everything else out from under them. The "millions of users" imo claims to have were gained by forcing people who wanted to use the app for Gtalk etc. to sign up for an imo account as well. I know a handful of other people who used the imo app, but we never communicated using their network—we just had to make accounts to get imo to stop holding our other accounts hostage. For imo to pretend those numbers represent an accurate count of users for its network is disingenuous at best.
Fortunately, there are a bunch of apps that actually do what I want them to do, even if they don't do it so prettily.
IMO is ok
I think Imo is okay I give it a three out of five because I try to upload a photo and it won't upload and sometimes it buffers. I had to get a new one the past five times and I've lost all my friends on there and sometimes a video call doesn't work. Can you guys try to make imo better because it's kind of making me mad over the picture thing. Other than that it's pretty good.
I just recently got an update for this app that said it was simply for "bug fixes" but seemed to have created a bigger problem. I use my yahoo account on imo and it seems like within every 20 minutes, it signs me out.
This isn't only inconvenient, but frustrating too. Because it signs me out so often, my messages won't send and if I close the app, it will sign me out without notifying me until later when I reopen it. This creates the problem that I don't get any messages either.
I use this app because it was a decently good one and I don't want to have to go out hunter for a new app.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 12, 2014
- Version: 3.11.3
- Size: 32.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: imo.im
- © 2009-2014 imo.im
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Yearly Premium Account Subscription$4.99
- Blossom's Sunny Day Sticker Pack$0.99
- Leo Sticker Pack$0.99
- NinJa Kasumi Sticker Pack$0.99
- imosaurus Sticker Pack$0.99
- Dunkin Sticker Pack$0.99