By Inexika Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This beautiful app is an ultimate mood journal, personal diary and charting tool. It will help you discover causes of your ups and downs, and get surprising insights into yourself!
* Featured on NY Times, NY Daily News, made "The Best Bipolar Disorder iPhone and Android Apps of the Year" by Healthline, voted "Top 10 apps for health and wellness" by Rewire Me, recommended by expert on Psychcentral.com and many other specialists.
With iMoodJournal you can:
- Keep notes of your overall well-being with our colorful scale with editable mood labels. Record your thoughts and experiences.
- Setup automatic reminders – as many as needed per day, even random! Now iMoodJournal will remind you when it's time to check in with yourself.
- Browse the history of your records using our engaging animated mood history chart.
- Establish associations between your mood and experiences by adding #hashtags to your records (yeah, like those in Twitter!).
- Mark your emotions, people surrounding you, any other objects or activities with #hashtags. Examples: #angry, #cheerful, #surprised, #friends, #workout. iMoodJournal will show you how your feelings and your surrounding affect your wellbeing in long term.
- Track your medication and sleep using #hastags with colons and numeric values like #aspirin:40mg or #sleep:8h
- Spot triggers of your mood changes on Top Positive and Negative #hashtags charts and filter your mood records by #hashtags.
- Take self-portrait photos and realize how your mood affects your appearance.
- Recognize time-based patterns in your mood on gorgeous summary charts, which include full mood history, as well as weekly and daily average charts.
- Visualize your #hashtags values on large landscape mood chart to see whether there is any correlation between your mood and medication, sleep or any other measurable essences you track.
- Share your mood with friends on Facebook.
WHEN DO I NEED A MOOD DIARY?
Mood diary is a tool frequently offered by psychologists and therapists to help us discover facts about ourselves that otherwise slip our attention. You may experience a serious diagnosed condition like bipolar, OCD or depression. You may have stressful job, like manager reporting to executives or customer facing specialist, which makes you feel exhausted at the end of your long day. You may be on emotional rollercoaster as your partner is making your heart tear apart. Or you may simply be curious to know yourself better. This app may help! Bring your iMoodJournal to your therapist or discuss it with your close friend to maximize its positive impact on your life.
* To get the best out of this app, please, keep regular records (preferably 2 – 3 times a day) of your mood with tags and self-portraits for at least 1 – 2 weeks. The Weekly Cycle chart requires several weeks of records to generate meaningful output. We wish you the very best experience with iMoodJournal. Please, send us your feedback at email@example.com.
* Note that we have no means to answer you if you try to get in touch using App Store reviews. Please, contact us by email or our website contact form.
More about us: http://www.inexika.com/imood
Follow us on Twitter @iMoodJournal and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IMoodJournal/
What's New in Version 3.2.5
- An option to save geolocation information for each mood entry. This information will be invisible until one of the next updates, when an interface will be implemented for analysing dependency of mood on location. It is possible not to choose this option in the dialogue at first launch of the app.
- Fixed some issues and enhanced overall performance.
This is a very high-quality, useful app. I love being able to customize the colors, I like being able to do my own labels, and the tags feature is inspired. I've been tracking my mood on paper on and off for years, but this app is extremely convenient, makes the data easy to interpret, and is just fun to use. It covers all the basics you'd expect, including reminders, plus a lot of nice extras that you can use or ignore.
I've been trying out two other apps that contain mood journals, Pacifica and MoodKit, and while those apps have additional features their mood trackers aren't nearly as customizable or enjoyable to use (although Pacifica's is a 6 point scale rather than 10, which some may prefer.) MoodKit's in particular only lets you record one mood per day (who only has one mood all day?), which is not a problem with this app.
Fantastic mood journal
I was hesitant to spend money on an app since there are many free ones, but I'm glad I did. It's very simple to use and doesn't take much time, yet it gives me multiple analyses of my moods. Because it's so quick to input, I'm been able to stay faithful to multiple daily mood checks. The hashtag system lets me create my own labels for my moods as well as track my medications and weight. The app also allows me to customize reminder times and my color scheme. I highly recommend this app for anyone looking to track their moods, especially if you're looking to discover patterns.
Simple and effective
I just want to keep track of how I am feeling, with notes sometimes to help me remember context and see how things change over time. I always have my phone or iPad handy, and they both sync either with Dropbox or iCloud. Does what I want very well.
Update: several months in an I am still using the app. It's very enlightening to see what drives little changes in how I feel.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jul 20, 2016
- Version: 3.2.5
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, Russian
- Seller: Inexika Inc.
- © 2016 Inexika Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.