iMPC for iPhone
By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We are aware of an issue that causes iMPC for iPhone to crash on launch for some users. To work around this, turn off your wifi and re-launch the app. On an iPhone, temporarily turn off cellular data or use airplane more.
This issue is related to SoundCloud connectivity features. We are working to resolve this issue.
iMPC for iPhone
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPhone
***On Sale For A Limited Time Only***
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPhone into an MPC. With more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Exciting "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters!
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
What's New in Version 1.1
This free update to iMPC brings bugfixes, iOS 7 compatibility, and new features:
Inter-App Audio compatibility. This free update adds support for the new inter-app audio protocol in iOS 7. Inter-app audio allows you to route audio and control data between apps on your device. Use iMPC’s sampler and inter-app audio to record new sounds from compatible apps for use in your Programs.
We’ve also updated to AudioCopy 2.0. AudioCopy makes it easy to paste sound from compatible apps. The new AudioCopy ensures compatibility with iOS 7, and includes updated UI and other improvements (more info at retronyms.com/audiocopy/).
This app is USELESS
Needless to say I'm a huge fan of the MPC series since the Roger Linn series. I'm also in to the current hardware that has been provides for the new digital age of music making while keeping the feel of the original MPC hardware in mind . -- with that said this app is big disappointment & I actually noticed after I purchased it that it hasn't been updated in years. I would like my money back actually. This is an embarrassment on your companies behave to not take in consideration the fast paced evolution of digital music making on the go. -- what I thought would have been a convenient app to get rough ideas down turns out to be an app that crashes whenever you attempt to sample from your iPhone music library. It's a shame that you guys do not take your loyal costumer base in mind. Get it together because now in discouraged from even buying actual hardware from Akai if you put out a products that don't offer support or updates. Yours Truly, A VERY DISAPPOINTED CUSTOMER
Redeem yourselves & Update!
Please update! Needs IAA support. Should have known Akai would have done this. They let the hardware version of the MPC 2000xl die out with no spare parts on lcds and whatnot & now this app. Good one guys... I love your products, but in all honesty, what good is a product if there is no communication, updates or support available from the company. Sorry for this harsh review. But I think it's time you all see that if you want to survive in an ever growing music economy, you guys need to get your heads out of the gutter and start being as faithful as those holding on to their old beat up MPC2000XL's & stop putting so much time and effort into putting drum pads on a keyboard with little lights in it. The digital age is slowly becoming the Hybrid age. Analog is making its way back. So my suggestion is simply to be there when that time comes.
Needs AudioBus compatibility
What's stopping this app from being a great app?
ADD THIS. NOW!!!
I can't explain how disappointed I was when I bought AudioBus to discover I could use all of my apps, except for this one. This was a huge blow and a setback.
2. Song Mode
Tracks, progs, and seqs are cool and are all present as they should be, but no Song Mode. It makes it extremely hard to organize everything and/or make complete tracks ready to go.
3. Better editing.
4. Really needs better touch response. I find myself full of anxiety trying to rename things or add new tracks/kits.
4. Import folders.
iTunes forces you to import sounds individually. I just want to drop folders in so my drum kits can be organized. I don't want a giant list of sounds to browse thru, it's just counterproductive.
There's a ton of bugs, glitches and app breaking hiccups. So much potential I hope you guys don't let it go to waste. Fix these things and you will have a five star app that will satisfy all music makers and otherwise.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 47.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Akai Professional
- © 2013
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.