iMPC for iPhone
By Akai Professional
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iMPC for iPhone
MUSIC PRODUCTION APP for iPhone
***On Sale For A Limited Time Only***
Developed in partnership with Retronyms — www.retronyms.com
Turn your iPhone into an MPC. With more than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, 80 editable sequences, and iconic MPC workflow, iMPC is the first app to bring the look and feel of the classic Akai Pro MPC to your iPhone. iMPC includes everything you need to create a beat quickly and easily, including built-in effects, plus the ability to create new sequences and record and overdub beats. Time correction from 1/8 note to 1/32T with variable swing, and Note Repeat from 1/8 note to 1/32T with latch control are also built in. The app’s built-in sampler can record samples three different ways: using the mic on the iPhone, using the line input on the iPhone, or using the multi-touch turntable interface in iMPC to record samples directly from iTunes or other music libraries.
• More than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
• Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
• Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
• Exciting "3D Perform" controls -- use your iPhone's motion sensors to control parameters!
• Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
• In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
• Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
• 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
• Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
• Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
• Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
• Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
• Simple drag and drop program creation
• Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
• Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
• Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
• AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
• AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
What's New in Version 1.4.2
iOS9 Crash on launch fix.
Improved Soundcloud posting and playing
Not bad but has potential
It works well with my MPD218(if there was a better way to connect hardware + software w/o having to hold the note repeat button while plugging it in that'd be super cool). Also there are crashes every now and then when you edit the sounds in your kit. Would also be nice to have a few extra effects implemented in like reverbs, stretching and other stuff for sure. Would also be fantastic to implement some type of automation feature to control pitch, parameters of the effects. Also, maybe a way to export stems? But pretty cool overall!!! Again, has a lot of potential.
I really really wish they put a note pad sequence
I make a beat.. It's dope.. But then I have to leave the app (which causes the music to stop) because I want to write to it in the notepad.. Or find the paper That I was writing on to continue which I don't really want to do.. Throws me off from writing to the beat initially.. If there was a notepad assigned to every sequence.. That would be so dope.. I wouldn't have to figure where my raps are because I specifically wrote to that sequence.. I don't know about making apps but I figure that would be too tough to add in there
Could be better
The app definitely has problems. It will randomly crash, some features do t work, and there isn't much to do with it. It's fun just to mess around with the drums, but if I find a beat I like, I can't really record it. If I want to delete the preset track, I hit delete and delete track, but that doesn't really work. Either it will delete almost all of it, leaving some fx or something, or it wont delete it at all. There are many other problems too. I only bought this because I saw the Ableton link thing. Hopefully I will be fixed.