INRIX Traffic Maps, Routes & Alerts
By INRIX, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
INRIX Traffic is a traffic, navigation and parking app that uses one of the world’s largest driver and vehicle communities to simplify your commute and to get you to important places, as quickly and safely as possible. Plus, NO ADS!
Share incidents along your route, including accidents, police activity and road hazards. Check traffic cameras to see traffic in real-time. Share your ETA with family and friends to keep everyone up-to-date on your progress. Use smart alerts that tell you when to leave and keep you on-time during your drive. Find the cheapest and most convenient parking garages near your destinations. Save time, money and stress!
- Live traffic routing to avoid congestion and other delays
- Incident reports from the INRIX community, including accidents, hazards, police activity and more
- Turn-by-turn navigation with voice assist to guide you quickly and safely to your destination
- Automatic re-routing as conditions change during your commute
- Share your ETA with family, friends and co-workers
- Smart alerts notify when you need to leave and of incidents along your drive
- Use traffic forecasts and Best Time to Leave features to better plan your drives
- Calendar integration means automatic driving directions to your important events and appointments
- Find parking spaces near your favorite places with turn-by-turn directions
- Get pricing and availability for on-street parking spaces, park and rides, lots, and garages in an ever growing list of major US cities
- All of these features and no advertisements!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 6.7
• Track your contributions to the INRIX community on the new Leaderboard
• Now log in using Facebook
• Enjoy bug fixes and performance improvements
Needs some minor tweeks
Generally I really like INRIX and regularly refer friends to it. But in the past month or two apparently someone thought the app would be improved by us having to look at two orange hued women staring at the sky for a few seconds before being able to get to the road map to see if one had to turn NOW to avoid traffic. Please get rid of the branded photo - I just want to go straight to the road info. Secondly please move the "I am here" button to a lower part of the screen - it's current location is constantly getting in the way of being able to push the map over to check road conditions further away. If you mistakenly hit that button while checking on another part of the map you have to start all over. Otherwise - this is a pretty good traffic app which I use every day. Thanks
Great Traffic App (mostly)
I have tried all the traffic apps and INRIX is the best. The traffic information and arrival times are far more accurate than the other apps or a stand alone gps.
This app would be perfect if:
1. There was a way to disregard the few jerks who like to report accidents that don't exist.
2. When nonexistent accidents reported or when real accidents are cleared, there was a timely way to get them removed from the map. Of course, we want to know about real accidents, and apparently with this goal in mind the app allows users to report "all clear" on accidents and other hazards. Unfortunately when a jerk reports a nonexistent accident and multiple users report all clear, the accident will still remain for couple of hours.
3. The developers stop periodically sending out updates that crash the system. Periodically they "update" the app so it briefly stops working completely. Then a week or so later when it starts working again, there will be some useless features and a new learning curve to learn how to use the app.
If/when INRIX decides to fix these three issues, they will have very close to the perfect traffic app.
I love this app!!!
They have a best and most accurate algorithm to estimate routes! Compared to Waze, a drive from Dubuque, IA to Tulsa, OK (INRIX 10h, 56min, 662miles versus Waze 9hrs, 47mins, 686miles), while the actual trip took 11hours! To even get close to Waze's estimate, you need to drive 5-10miles over speed limit, do no stop for gas or use a bathroom! Waze used a flat 70 mph for the entire trip, even in 55mph speed zones in or near cities! Not for INRIX!
Now, I had given a bad review on this software a month ago, it was because it had become unusable. After contacting INRIX, they gave me instructions to delete, restart my device, reinstall, then re-login, and it worked. Before giving a bad review, contact them first!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 6.7
- Size: 171 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: INRIX, Inc
- © 2015 INRIX, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- INRIX Traffic Premium Upgrade$9.99