By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day––the highlights and everything in between, too.
Use Instagram to:
* Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
* Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won't appear on your profile grid or in feed.
* Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you're done, live stories disappear.
* Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
* Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
* Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
* Enable Handoff to switch between your Apple Watch and your iPhone.
What's New in Version 10.4.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
WORST SOCIAL MEDIA
Okay first of all, the posts aren't in chronological order. literally what sense does that make? there is no way to even try and make it seem like it makes any sense. Then, whenever you are on the app after a long day of school or work and you get far down in your timeline and then exit the app to maybe do something important, when you come back, the feed is refreshed. that is just a terrible idea. it makes it so much harder to see the posts that you actually care about seeing. without going to someone's profile directly or turning on their notifications, you can not see most of your friends posts. which is the whole purpose of the app in the first place. Oh and lastly, the sponsored ads!!!! they are the epitome of annoying. Some of them are okay but it has gotten to where every other post i see is an ad. yet another way to prevent me from seeing posts i actually care about seeing. Not only that but, some of them show up so many times and it is things that i do not agree with or care about. they show up so much that it has gotten to the point where i have to block the people that are sponsored.
Couple big issues
Alright insta, we need to talk. First, I love instagram and I always have but recently it's been really slacking. First topic is the refreshing: IT IS SO ANNOYING THAT THE APP REFRESHES EVERY TIME I EXIT. If I'm on Instagram watching a bunch of videos or scrolling through and page and exit to answer a snapchat in like 2 seconds, when I come back my Instagram feed reloads. Like I was doing something!!! I was looking at specific things!!! Seriously guys, it is not necessary to have the app refresh every time I May quickly or accidentally leave the app for a couple of seconds. Please fix this!! Also, make the feed go back to chronological order. Seriously. NO ONE LIKES IT LIKE THIS. I don't need to see the same stupid pictures at the top of my feed over the course of a couple days because it's more popular or whatever. I miss a lot of pictures and videos because of this update. Fix it please.
Smooth but with many annoying features
As a social media option, Instagram is fantastic. The seemingly small problems I have with it, however, ruin it's better features. Two biggest issues. 1) the home feed does not appear in chronological order. This means that Instagram tries to guess what posts I want to see, and I end up missing a lot of my best friend's posts. To counter this, I could turn on posts notifications. But I also don't want Instagram blowing up my phone when people post things. I get enough BS notifications from them even when some random posts "for the first time in a while". 2) If I leave the app to send a text or for whatever reason and then re-enter the app, the entire app refreshes. This means that if I have scrolled through 15 posts on my main feed, leave to send a text, and come back, I have to scroll through those same 15 posts to get back to the spot I was at before. This is incredibly frustrating and needs to be fixed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 10.4.1
- Size: 75.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2015 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.