Mate can understand 103 languages and speech for 40 languages! Easily and quickly translate text and speech by selecting text in any other app. Create your own personal Phrasebook and keep a dictionary of other countries’ words handy whenever you need it!
Stop using tons of different language apps to help you translate and just use Mate!
Translate Different Languages
• Mate understands 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly.
• Get translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and more!
• See the phonetic transcription and transliteration of words and text.
• Mate can speak out words and texts with correct accents to help you learn faster.
• Mate perfectly understands speech in 40 languages and lets you hear the translation back.
• Know what to say in a different language even in a crowded, loud bar!
Create a Custom Phrasebook
• Language learners and travelers! Create custom word lists each language and keep them handy whenever you need.
• Mate Phrasebook – Easily create and curate word lists which are available even offline.
Use Mate Anywhere
• Stop switching between apps when you need a translation and use Mate everywhere you go!
• Translate anywhere, and even use Mate in iMessage and on the lock screen.
• Select any text in any app and get a translation by hitting the “Share via Mate“ button.
Sync Translations Across All Devices
• Keep all of your translation and dictionary data synchronized across all your devices.
• Automatically synchronize your data between all your iPhones, browsers and Macs.
No matter what you need translated, a word, a book or a friends’ message, no compromise! Now “Mate it,” will mean, “Come on man, just use this awesome app and forget about using translation websites.” Use Mate for all your translation needs!
Download Mate today to get your ultimate translation helper!
Bug fixes & performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
An all-in-one app that also works on iMessage and Apple Watch.
On the one hand this is virtually the only app that which will translate Welsh at all, which makes me nuts, so 5/5 for that.
Second, it does a passable job for 1860's-1900 Welsh to English, which is extremely commendable so 5+/5.
On the other hand, the app seems to not apply grammar rules to more complex sentences (more descriptors) or not-ideal punctuation in newspapers before the turn of the century (1900s). Since it's a descriptive, poetic language - and not the only one that is different than 'subject-verb' being able to translate to grammatically correct English would be a huge help....3/5
There are basic words that will translate correctly in the lists below the usually-correctly-translated word if you do just the word (Ehedydd = Sylark or Lark, not Skyper; Eos = Nightingale) yet the app won't translate them at all (ie, "Eos Cynlais" & "Ehedydd Cynlais" remain exactly as is) - four instance these are titles: either 'Cynlais Nightingale' or 'Skylark of Cynlais' for the second one, as Cynlais is a geographical name.
More extensive music, poetry, land features, mining and farming terminology would probably be an additional help for those of us trying to translate for either history or genealogy use.
Best Translator I’ve Ever Used
I translate Spanish, am a native speaker. I’ve used a lot of translators. This one is the best one. I love how it gives me multiple translations for words so I can pick Right one as opposed to other apps that only give you one possible answer that is often wrong. The save for later as lists is also a special positive feature
- Twopeople Software LLC
- 88.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Twopeople Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.