Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech, which can be controlled via the Apple Watch.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Control text-to-speech right from your Apple Watch.
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
- Full-text search for articles in your account
* Removed Apple Watch app
* Minor fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Save hundreds of web articles for easy offline reading.
Needs fixes many fixes - used to be one of my apps ever
Update after developer review: they’re aware of issues and working on fixes and improvements, so that ups it to 3 stars; happy to go 4 stars once the spacing issue is fixed with upper and lower borders on iPhone X in iBooks pagination mode, then 5 stars once they dim out the Home indicator. Thank you for listening, Instapaper folks. 🙌🏼📖📰👀
Update for 7.5.2 on Jan 23, 2018, which purportedly hides Home indicator when you’re in full screen mode, however, I just tried it, in full screen mode, after closing all apps and restarting, and the home indicator is still there no matter what I try. See below comments with hopes those will get fixed as well as they’re still sane after 7.5.2.
Previous: I’ve been a huge fan of Instantpaper for many many years, I love it, but one thing that’s always bugged me, is that there is no full justified text feature to make the margins on either side balance out like you can with Kindle, Nook, iBooks, etc. Also, the pagination feature to use iBooks like page turns on an iPhone 10 just doesn’t work properly, there’s a huge gap at the bottom of every page, while the top part of the screen and the text is way too close to the upper edge, I just need a simple fix, and maybe that will get fixed along with the lack of full justification, that would be so nice, that I would give it five stars again.
Sorry for any inconvenience, the home bar hiding works on fast pagination as expected but not iBooks due to some technical differences (which I'd be more than happy to outline the specifics of if you want, just let us know at email@example.com). We should be able to introduce support for it for the iBooks pagination display in a future update. We're also working on a variety of pagination improvements for future releases and I've filed a request for justified text so we can keep it in consideration. Let me know if there's anything else. Cheers!
Best App Ever.
This is my most favorite app of all time. I read a lot of articles from news sites and blogs. Short form, long form, tech, opinion, basically everything and anything. Instapaper is a great place for me to keep all my favorite articles that I want to read now or later without all the ads and excess. Just the message and that’s it. You can even have Instapaper speed read the articles for you if you’re into that sort of thing, insert notes anywhere into the article, highlight a word and get a definition and/or a Wikipedia snippet right there in the article, there’s dark/light themes, text for people who have dyslexia, change the font by slider to whatever size you want, you can even copy and paste the stripped text wherever you want. Instapaper is an app that you will appreciate so much you’ll be asking where you can donate money to keep it alive forever. It’s the ultimate readers Swiss Army knife.
- Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- 54.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.