By Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper also enhances the standard reading experience with features like text-to-speech, which can be controlled via the Apple Watch.
Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles narrated to you with text-to-speech. Just turn up the volume on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and relax!
- Control text-to-speech right from your Apple Watch.
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper Premium Features:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights
- Create text-to-speech playlists
- Send to Kindle functionality
- Use third-party apps that plug into the Instapaper API
- Unlimited speed reading
Instapaper Premium membership is optional, and Premium features are available via an auto-renewing subscription:
- $2.99 per month
- $29.99 per year
Payments will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscription can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
Subscriptions cannot be cancelled for the current active period.
What's New in Version 6.4
* Add your own comments to highlights or article text
* Easily share your Notes to other services
* Access your notes across all synced devices and on web at www.instapaper.com
* You can now save TweetShot images directly to your camera roll
* Increased maximum size of TweetShot images
* Fixed issue in save extension that caused Instapaper to not show in some cases
* Fixed issue with changing sender email address on iPad
* Additional minor bug fixes
Instapaper understands reading
This app understands how to facilitate the reading process. You won't understand how much faster and more pleasurable it is to read articles from the web until it's just you and the words and the relevant pictures; no interstitial ads, no sidebar distractions.
Being able to time shift your reading and keep it on your device for when you're away from a network are huge pluses, and "dark mode"--perfect for reading in bed at night--means I can read in more places, less obtrusively. I get through so much more content while simultaneously giving each article more thought that this app is worth it for the increased throughput alone, even if the resulting experience weren't so much more pleasurable.
I was using another read it later app (I'm not sure what these are called), but it didn't have any reading tools, eg, highlighter, annotations, comments. When I found out Instapaper could do those things plus text-to-speech, I knew I'd found what I was looking for.
I'm learning Spanish, so I read a Spanish news article per day, and I need to highlight new words and note their meanings. Then, I listen to the article to develop my listening skills. When I get better the speed reading feature will help a lot.
I recently switched to Instapaper from Pocket, and am so glad I did! Instapaper is full of little things that enhance the experience. The index of articles has little dots at the bottom, so you can easily pick out a short or long article; those dots also indicate your progress in an article!
Tilt Scrolling sounds like a gimmicky feature, but is very nice. No need to readjust your hold on the iPad - just slightly tilt the device and it slowly scrolls.
Other great "little things" are auto night mode after sunset, and automatically syncing when you arrive at a location...like your favorite craft coffee shop. The article view, while "white", has nice subtle grey gradient!
Tilt Scrolling could use a slight improvement: I will sometimes over-scroll by half a line, cutting off text. If I stop scrolling within a line of the start of a new paragraph, what about moving slightly to the break between paragraphs?
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 6.4
- Size: 29.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- © 2014 Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Optional Subscription (3 months)$2.99
- Instapaper Premium$2.99
- Optional Subscription (1 year)$11.99
- Optional Subscription$2.99
- Optional Subscription$11.99
- Optional Subscription (6 months)$5.99
- Instapaper Premium$29.99
- Optional Subscription$5.99