By Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Instapaper is the simplest way to save and store articles for reading: offline, on-the-go, anytime, anywhere, perfectly formatted.
Instapaper for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch provides a mobile-optimized text view that makes reading Internet content a clean and uncluttered experience. Instapaper has been inducted into the iPhone and iPad Hall of Fame, received Macworld Editor's Choice Award, and has also been featured in publications including Wired, TIME, Daring Fireball, and The Verge, among others.
- Strip away all clutter and save the content of web pages into iOS-optimized formatting.
- Read anywhere! No internet, no problem: access your articles on airplanes, subways, elevators, or Wi-Fi-only devices away from Internet connections.
- Save to Instapaper from other iOS applications with one tap.
- Control every aspect of your reading experience with a variety of font, color themes, and spacing options.
- Find that great quote you want to remember and share? Instapaper makes it easy to highlight text in any article.
- Have your Instapaper articles spoken to you with Text-to-Speech. Just turn up the volume and relax!
- Sort your list of articles by popularity, date, and article length.
- Folders for easy organization.
Instapaper Premium Features:
- Full-text search for articles in your account
- Unlimited highlights
- Create text-to-speech playlists
- Send to Kindle functionality
- Use third-party apps that plug into the Instapaper API
Instapaper Premium membership is optional, and Premium features are available via an auto-renewing subscription:
- $2.99 per month
- $29.99 per year
Payments will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Your subscription can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Subscriptions cannot be cancelled for the current active period.
What's New in Version 6.1
* Redesigned save extension with ability to save directly to a folder and offline saving support.
* Device hand off support: Start reading on one device, and pick up exactly where you left off on another device!
* Unread Count can be enabled in settings to show a badge with the number of articles you have saved.
* Several other improvements and bug fixes.
Error message "can't connect to the iTunes store "when attempting to purchase the premium version
For several days, I have attempted to purchase the premium version. I like to features that it offers. Highlighting, playlists, etc. Unfortunately I'm unable to take it manage of those features, because I continue get an error message when I attempt to make the in app purchase. As best I can tell I've gotten no response from the developers. I know this is not a problem with my account because I have successfully made numerous purchases in the same time.. I hope that this review will get their attention and bring some resolution to this matter. Experience with the app before was that it was very cumbersome to load. And while it offers because I desire I think that an app which requires a subscription for premium should operate seamlessly.
A solution to a problem I didn't know I had
I've never been motivated to review an app before, but I just adore Instapaper. I am constantly finding blogs and articles that I can't read in that moment, and bookmarking them or emailing them to myself meant that I'd forget about them. It's so simple to send them to my Instapaper, especially if I'm on my phone or iPad browsers. I also love that the email address it creates makes it easy for people to share articles with me (if I give the address out). The archive and folder system makes it easy to save articles I want to come back to. I also use Feedly to get news I'm interested in, but the custom newspaper this allows for is one of my new favorite apps.
Wow, solved a lot of my problems
I have never written a review before but this app solves the annoying issue of my iPhone refreshing pages when I go to read them. Often I will open a new webpage in a new tab to read and then forget about it. When I travel I will have downtime to read the webpage and it will try to refresh (in a plane) and I will lose it. Instapaper allows me to save all of those pages to read when they're convenient regardless of whether I have cell coverage!
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 04, 2014
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 26.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
- © 2014 Instapaper Holdings, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Optional Subscription (3 months)$2.99
- Optional Subscription (1 year)$11.99
- Optional Subscription$2.99
- Instapaper Premium$2.99
- Optional Subscription (6 months)$5.99
- Optional Subscription$11.99
- Instapaper Premium$29.99
- Optional Subscription$5.99