iScrob for Last.fm
By davidmp llc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Last.fm scrobbler for iOS 4 and iOS 5.
iScrob is a free Last.fm scrobbler and music player app that runs 100% in the background, automatically updating your profile live in real-time as you listen to music. It's the perfect companion app for any Last.fm user.
Compatible with all versions of iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 4 or iOS 5.
- Full backgrounding support.
- Saves offline scrobbles for later when connected.
- Wi-Fi-only network option to save battery life on the go.
- iCloud compatible: scrobble without ever syncing to iTunes!
- "Love" icon toggle for flagging favorite tracks on Last.fm, Facebook, Twitter.
- Built-in iPod library access to quickly choose playlists, artists, albums, or songs.
- Shows song lyrics when available.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Minor bugfixes
- Lyric support
- Shows album art on lock screen with iOS 5
Very good application to support a listener better.
However, there are some deadly problem which reduct its value. One would be happen while custom player of iScrob app. operate. If any sound rings to alarm or push and notification, there are surely some delay which means some track will be skipped on playlist. Some track what correctly is playing, but error from sync on playlist make this app. poor. Because, main purpose of iScrob is perfectly scrobbling. Also, sound check feature which is similar to the others's replay gain wouldn't be process when use a custom player not default player, Music on iPhone. Therefore, user have be able to re-adjust volume whenever now playing album is changed.
Second big problem also be happen while basic player operate. Please try to imagine a one situation, you want to going to listen a little large playlist during unawaken. You choice "Loveless" and "Heaven or Las Vegas", and you do choice "Loveless" again. Surely, you can be listen all music which is scheduled yourself. But, it is very hard for iScrob to remember a only twice play counts. You haven't be able to take a caring toward app. Because, this app. can import a only one real-time data of each track which is played. If you had listen any one track at least two, log of last played will only be scrobbled.
I really want to this major problem will be repaired as soon as possible. However, presently performance of its is best, I think, in contrast to the other applications.
Hasn't been updated since 2011
But just in case the developer is paying attention, here are the main problems with this app:
1. It crashes regularly when you return to the app after switching from another program or unlocking your phone.
2. When you start listening to a song while in 3G/4G, then your phone connects to a wifi network before the song scrobbles, it will never scrobble. You either have to start a song while on wifi or scrobble the song on 3G/4G before your phone auto connects to a wifi network.
3. Frequently when listening to more than 10 songs in a row, the app starts to misidentify the current song as the next song, and scrobbles that song title instead. You can select a song individually to reset the name, but if you were in shuffle mode it will start from 1 again and probably play songs that you already listened to.
4. Strategically placed ads are designed to annoy the hell out if you. When you go from selecting a song to playing a song, the ads move from the top near the shuffle option to the bottom near the controls, just so that you accidentally press the ads every now and then. Still, I'm not paying 4.99 to disable them because this app never gets updated anyway.
Almost perfect! Meets all promises.
Only complaints off the top of my head: seldom cuts off of hiccups, you can't go to all songs for a certain artist and play their discography in original album tracklist order/ it'll alphabetize each song in the whole list. The way around this is to just make a playlist in the track order you want. Otherwise you can only listen to one album at a time instead of hitting play and walking away and expecting the rest of the albums to follow.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 06, 2011
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: davidmp llc
- © 2013 davidmp llc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Banner Ad Removal$4.99