The official digital adaptation of one of the best board games in history – Istanbul.
Istanbul is, without a doubt, one of the best board games to have ever been published. The long list of its awards and honors speaks for itself:
2015 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Expert Game Nominee
2014 Swiss Gamers Award Winner
2014 Meeples' Choice Nominee
2014 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
2014 International Gamers Award - General Strategy: Multi-player Nominee
2014 Hra roku Nominee
2014 Gouden Ludo Winner
2014 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
2014 Golden Geek Best Strategy Board Game Nominee
2014 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
In our 2018 digital version we have maintained all of the features that made Istanbul the fan favorite that it is, but also expanded upon it with a number of tools and features only available on the digital platform. We maintained the authentic board game feeling with the convenience you can expect from an electronic device.
So what is the game about?
Can you be the first merchant to collect a certain number of rubies?
• Run, collect and trade goods across the bazaar
• Take control over your assistants
• Increase your wheelbarrow capacity
• Acquire special abilities to increase the advantage over your competitors
• Buy rubies or trade goods for them
In Istanbul, you lead a group of one merchant and his four assistants through 16 locations in the bazaar. In each such a location, you can carry out a specific action. The challenge, however, is that to take an action, you must move your merchant and an assistant there, then leave the assistant behind to handle all the details while you focus on larger matters. If you want to use that assistant again later, your merchant must return to that location to pick him up. Thus, you must plan ahead carefully to avoid being left with no assistants and thus unable to do anything…
What can you expect?
• Official Istanbul game - 100% original rules
• Adaptation of TOP 100 board game of all time by BGG ranking
• Play with AI, with friends or both
• Great artwork by Andreas Resch
• Languages: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Korean, Japanese, Chinese Simplified, Spanish
• Pass and play mode
• Cross platform online multiplayer with synchronous and asynchronous modes
• Opponents' last moves replay
• 3 levels of difficulty AIs with individual strategies
• Preset or random generated game boards
• Atmospheric music and sounds
• Unique, original board game experience
• Intuitive gameplay
• Colorblind mode
• Over 70 achievements
• iPhone X support
Spanish localization added
Skip Replay button added
Rare issues with place tile action overlay fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Very very well done port of a fun Euro style game. The tutorial is a real help to newcomers, and the AI is balanced. If you start on easy, you will soon learn not only the mechanics of the game, but strategy. I really enjoy the achievements as well. Oh how I wish they would add the expansions as in app purchases...buying that would be a no brainer. Well worth the $6.99 cost, especially considering that the physical game costs so much more, and you can p,ay without worrying with getting a game group up!
Fantastic Game! Dice Game Next?
This is an excellent port of the Istanbul board game. I wasn't too familiar with the game, though, and the tutorial got me up to speed without overloading me. Beautiful art, great gameplay and nice UI make for a wonderful app and well worth the few dollars they're asking. Any chance for the Istanbul Dice Game, which my group actually prefers to regular Istanbul? If not, we'd love the Istanbul expansions. Thank you for this great app, typical of the work, energy and passion of Acram Digital.
Problem with AI
I was playing a match with 3 easy AIs on order and two of the AI at some point in the match went to the top left of the map and moved up and down each turn. They did this even though they had no assistants and couldn’t pickup any. I hope you fix this, otherwise it is a great game.
- Acram Sp. z o.o.
- 172.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Acram Digital & Pegasus Spiele
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.