iStorage 2 HD for FTP, WebDAV, Dropbox, MS Skydrive and Cloud
By Lukas Foldyna
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iStorage 2 HD is an ultimate file manager, document viewer and source code editor for iPad
Access, view and edit your documents from anywhere you can imagine: PC or Mac computers, websites, email attachments, FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft Skydrive, and other online cloud file storages and even iPhones.
All files are saved to your iPad locally so you can enjoy reading them anywhere!
ISTORAGE HD SUPPORTS PDF AND TXT FILES, BUT IT CAN ALSO HANDLE ALL OF THE MOST COMMON FILE TYPES:
• MS Office: doc, ppt, xls and more
• iWork 08 and 09
• HTML and saved websites in Safari webarchives
• High resolution images
• Audio and video
• Source code editing (with line numbers, custom keys and more...)
INSTANTLY SHARE YOUR FILES WITH ANY MAC
• Or any other iOS device with instaled iStorage or Instashare application.
• Works without internet, just use local wi-fi or Bluetooth to transfer file.
• Simple to use, no need to pair devices or setup transfer
• Designed for quick and easy file sharing.
WHAT DOES ISTORAGE HD LET YOU DO:
- Copy Files From Mac or PC via Wi-Fi and USB cable
• Use iTunes file sharing to transfer files directly to your iPad via USB cable.
• Any Mac OS X, Win. XP, Win. Vista and Win. 7 computer can connect to the iPad running iStorage HD to use it as a network drive.
- Read MS Office and iWork Documents
• Built-in viewer supports PDF, MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Apple iWork files. To read other documents simply print them in their application as PDF files and copy them to iStorage HD.
- Save Email Attachments or Files from other apps
• Open attachments directly from Mail app, via "Open in..." feature or even in other apps that support document forwarding.
- Send Files or Folders to Your Colleagues or Friends
• Email files/folders directly from iStorage HD. Or even transfer documents between iPads and iPhones.
- Visit your favorite websites
• Use built-in browser to access and save files from the Web directly to your device.
• Use browser to upload any files from your iPad to a website.
- Mount remote file servers to iPad with Wi-Fi or even on 3G network
• Access FTP, FTPS, SFTP, WebDAV, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft Skydrive easily. If you use more than one online storage, iStorage HD will handle all of them.
• Perform even multiple transfers and editing sessions simultaneously.
• Download, upload, open and edit files remotely.
• Unzip and unrar files and create new zip archives
• Opening password protected PDF, Zip and Rar files
You can learn about even more features on our website: http://www.istorageapp.com
What's New in Version 2.5.3
Needs Documentation + Support
This app has a lot of upside, but it has NO documentation. A link to a few useless FAQs does not count. This app has apparently a lot of features but it is tricky to figure them out. Minus 1 star.
The best feature is that it can connect to two internet devices at once. I am using it to copy photos from a USB flash drive in a wireless port directly to Dropbox or Google Drive. It does however download the files to the iPad before it uploads them. But it is a convenient way to copy.
This app was recommended for this type of copy. Is there a better one?
However it quits uploading after 40-50 photos to either Dropbox or Google Drive. I have written a detailed email to their support address as this is a major problem. No answer at all. Minus 1 star.
So if you can figure things out on your own it will do most copies. But there is no excuse for having no documentation. I wish Apple reviewed the documentation as part of their approval process. It would enhance the usability of their devices so much. Apple, do you read these?
Very grateful for this app update
I have been using this for some time... With the latest update it is truly excellent in many categories, especially scrolling through my numerous PDFs in a way no other PDF viewer can offer, namely by using coverflow. It is in this respect unique among every pdf file in the App Store to my knowledge, which is useful if you desire this. P
Don't Waste Your Money
Really clunky poorly thought out user interface. Almost no help or instructions. App programming needs work, too many places where you just seem to get stuck.
Number one complaint? It's a file manager it should be dead simple to copy a file from one location and paste it down in another. I gave it a few minutes and couldn't figure out how to do that one simple task. I'm looking for another app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 09, 2015
- Version: 2.5.3
- Size: 31.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lukas Foldyna
- © 2008 - 2012 Lukas Foldyna
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.