Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** O'Reilly Best iPhone Apps Top Pick **
iThoughts is a mind mapping tool for the iPhone/iPod Touch. If you have an iPad then please check out iThoughtsHD.
Use a Mac? Click on the 'Developer Website' link and take a look at iThoughtsX.
Mindmapping enables you to visually organise your thoughts, ideas and information.
• Task lists.
• Project planning.
• Goal setting.
• Course Notes/Revision.
• Meeting Notes.
• Import and export to and from many of the most popular desktop applications:
• ConceptDraw MINDMAP
• OPML (OmniOutliner, Scrivener etc.)
• Excel/Numbers/Outlook/ToodleDo (CSV)
Please see the website for details of supported versions.
• Export to:
• Powerpoint/Keynote (PPTX)
• Word/Pages (DOCX)
• PNG + HTML
• Plays nicely with other services:
• Cloud synchronisation with Dropbox/Box/WebDAV
• Send and open email attachements
• Share (Twitter, Facebook and other apps e.g. GoodReader, Keynote, Pages etc.)
• Cut/Copy/Paste within and between maps and other apps (e.g. Mail, Safari and Notes etc.)
• Download community generated maps from Biggerplate
• Flexible Topic Attributes
• Colour / Shape
• Images / Icons
• Callout / Floating
• Named relationships between topics.
• Task Management:
• Assign start/due date, effort, progress and resources
• Create email task reports (by project, by resource)
• Export tasks to Outlook and ToodleDo (CSV)
• Hide completed tasks
• Advanced Mindmap Features:
• Doodle (finger drawing)
• Readonly Maps
• Multiple layouts (horizontal, vertical, fishbone etc.)
• Multiple link styles (curved, tapered, right angled etc.)
• Embedded documents (PDF, XLS, DOC etc)
• Keyboard shortcuts and TextExpander integration for fast brainstorming.
• 90 builtin icons, 46 clipart images and 30 background canvas patterns.
• Connect to an external projector (VGA output)
Please visit the website for more information, screenshots and videos.
What's New in Version 7.17
Version 7.17 includes the following:
• TWEAK: New option to use plain text outline in emails
• FIX: Cloud sync issue with airplane mode.
• FIX: Colour picker fix for iOS7
Incredibly powerful app in such a small package. Sync settings are especially great - can have it automatically generate versions of your mind map in markdown, pdf, opml, etc every time you save so that those files are available in Dropbox. Works great with ithoughts for Mac and iPad, but also on its own.
Plus, it doesn't pester you to leave a review - it's good enough to make me want to write one.
I love this app, packed with very powerful features yet very simple to use. I particularly love the flawless integration with the iPad and Mac versions. I create a map on my Mac and whenever I thought of something I missed, I open my iphone and voila, everything is there.
Best mind map app. Elegant.
Love it. Use it every day.
Almost never use a desktop mind map tool since I got iThoughts and iThoughts HD.
All the others are just more difficult to use. I think the developer actually uses his app. That is why it keeps getting better.