IT'S ALIVE! - Monster Building Card Game
By Jeremiah Maher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BoardGameGeek.com says: "A great, well developed app. The gameplay is solid and AI players offer a challenge. 3 out of 4 Stars"
Yehuda Berlinger's monster-building card game comes to life on iOS! Play mad scientist and collect all eight body parts to complete your monster. Each turn, a corpse is dug up from the graveyard. You can buy the part, sell it for a profit, or offer it for auction. You might be lucky enough to unearth a coffin, which can be used in place of any body part. But after a while, you're sure to provoke a villager uprising!
• Supports up to 5 Players
• Unique AI (Computer) Players
• Pass and Play on a Single Device
• Save and Resume Single and Multiplayer Games at Any Time
• Local Leaderboard / Statistics
• Random Starting Player option
• Symphonic Musical Score or Play Your Own Music
• Illustrated In-Game Rules Manual and Tutorial
• Universal App, Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
• Official Adaptation of Yehuda Berlinger's Monster-Building Game
• Featuring Original Illustrations by RH Aidley
View the trailer on YouTube:
What's New in Version 1.3
• IMPROVED MEMORY USAGE: Major code changes greatly improve memory usage, and should reduce crashing and freezing.
• TUTORIAL: Short Tutorial to teach new players the basics (accessible from the Pause menu).
• PLAY YOUR OWN MUSIC: Launch IT'S ALIVE! with your own music or other audio playing in the background.
• WIDESCREEN SUPPORT: Support for the wide screen on iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Generation.
• BUG FIXES: Numerous minor bug fixes and enhancements.
Looks and plays great!
This is such an elegant straight forward game about grave robbing. It's a race against your opponents, real or imaginary (AI), to be the first to assemble your own monster. Each turn you either draw from the deck hoping for something useful, or if you have enough cash, can actually grab the top card of one of the player's discard piles. I guess you could almost see it as Advanced Gin Rummy with Economics. Beyond simply trying to achieve your objective before your opponents, you'll need to know when it is best to sell off or auction parts to raise funds to then be able to afford desparately needed parts later, or, even if you can't use the part currently being auctioned off, you bid just enough to make sure Steve can't get it.
Really a $1 game.
The ambience is fantastic, but the game play is lack luster and more frustrating than not. Its a bidding/betting/chance game. Thats it. Body part poker, if you will.
Some learning curve, if only to learn value types and when you should buy vs auction, but it also doesn't allow you to see other player or AI slabs so you have to card count as well as everything else.
Honestly, I feel ripped off.
It takes a couple of games to get comfortable with the gameplay, but well worth it. Nice blend of random luck and strategy. Overall, a great game that I keep coming back to.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 31, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 27.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeremiah Maher
- © 2011-2014 Yehuda Berlinger & Jeremiah Maher
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.