iTunes Movie Trailers
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest and most exclusive HD movie previews in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema, view stunning HD photos, explore a year-long calendar of movie releases, find showtimes near you, and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.
• Access hundreds of movie trailers, clips, behind-the-scenes featurettes, and images, available in HD or SD
• Explore an interactive, year-long release calendar that helps you plan when you'll be going to the theaters
• Save favorite movies and theaters for immediate access anytime
• Find out what’s playing at your local theaters and purchase tickets directly from your iPad or iPhone
• Check estimated driving times and get directions to nearby theaters
• Add a movie to Favorites to be notified when it debuts in theaters or becomes available in the iTunes Store
• Browse Top Charts to view the most popular trailers, box office rankings, and top movies on iTunes to buy or rent
• Read critic reviews provided by Rotten Tomatoes without leaving the app
• Enjoy your favorite movie trailers on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Share your favorite trailers with friends using AirDrop, Facebook, Twitter, Messages, and Mail
• Keep your favorite theaters and movie trailers up to date on all of your devices using iCloud
• Requires a device with iOS 7 or later
• Requires Internet access over a Wi-Fi or cellular data connection
What's New in Version 1.4.1
iTunes Movie Trailers 1.4.1 includes a number of minor performance improvements and adds support for iOS 8.
LET ME READ SYNOPSES
All I want to do is read the full synopsis of the film. Sometimes the trailers take a while to load, but in general I like this app. But siriusly, why can't I read the synopses? It will give like four lines and then it obviously needs to be "expanded" but there's no option for it and it doesn't expand on its own. Also, for being an Apple app, I would assume it would switch to the landscape view for the whole app view, not just for viewing trailers. Anyway, please fix the synopsis section so that I can properly know the bare minimum about a film before I watch the trailer and start googling more details. It's a pretty big part of my day, watching trailers for things I will most likely never watch, it fits in right after coffee and Netflix, and right before laundry. It's an important part of my life. Thanks, Steve Jobs!!!!
I think I Ike it!
What I like most is, there are A LOT of trailers, mostly underserved indies and docs that won't even open in your town. Good for them to make the trailers available. And they aren't all at the bottom with big movies at the top either, they're all mixed together. Maybe it's by release date. The only problem I have with the app is, it's consistently stalling on many trailers. You have to click back out of the trailer, click on another one, then go back to the one you wanted to get it to show up. Lots of spinning icons and stalls. I like to watch few trailers every morning in bed to get my mind going. I love movies, this is a great way to get inspired!
Seems to have potential...
But I would like to see a setting that would allow me to see the reviews from actual moviegoers, not just rotten tomatoes critics who get paid to do this for a living. Frankly, I find that a professional critic's assessment of a movie is completely out of sync with mine in about 98% of all cases. Their viewpoint tends to be geared toward the academic & the analytical. Why wouldn't they be? A professional movie critics gets in for free.
It's the average people who spend their hard earned money to see these movies whose opinions carry far more weight with me; I've never been steered wrong when I payed attention to them.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 4.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.