This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, start class discussions or talk with students one-on-one to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from a large collection of free education content via public courses from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including worksheets, web links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind students of due assignments
• Grade student work and track student progress in the grade book
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions or provide video feedback in 1:1 chats or start class debates using group discussions
• Keep students prepared and in the loop with notifications
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to anyone for free on iOS devices
• View assignments and updates in one place, and check off assignments you’ve completed
• Submit your work in private courses from any Apple creativity app, many third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work with 1:1 messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse a rich catalog of free education content:
• Choose from a variety of free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on a wide range of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, MIT, Yale, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation or later), iPad mini (version 2 or later)
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
What's New in Version 3.6
• iTunes U collections were migrated to Apple Podcasts and no longer appear in the iTunes U app. You can now view iTunes U collections in the Podcasts section of iTunes on Mac or PC, or in the Podcasts app on iOS devices or Apple TV.
• Performance improvements for accounts with a large number of courses
Why would you get rid of this feature?
This was the only thing apple had in scoring number one in education
What a failure to remove
He has seventh son
Mmrjm he's the most
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 17, 2017
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 56.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.