This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, start class discussions or talk with students one-on-one to answer questions and provide feedback.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including worksheets, web links, photos, and videos from a variety of document providers
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs and photos with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed or completed assignments and remind students of due assignments
• Grade student work and track student progress in the grade book
• Use the single-student view for individual attention at parent-teacher conferences
• Answer questions or provide video feedback in 1:1 chats or start class debates using group discussions
• Keep students prepared and in the loop with notifications
• Institutions using Apple School Manager and Managed Apple IDs can import rosters to streamline course creation
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to anyone for free
• View assignments and updates in one place, and check off assignments you’ve completed
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, many third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs and photos for private courses
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work with one-on-one messages
• Start or join group discussions with your class
• View your grades and instructor feedback on all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from over 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from leading educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
• Built-in PDF or photo annotation requires iPad (4th generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• 3D Touch requires iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus or later
What's New in Version 3.5
• Mark up photos with instructions or comments using built-in annotation tools
• Quickly send video messages and feedback in 1:1 chats between teachers and students
• Open audio or video files directly in other apps
Great content you cannot delete
Just installed on a new device & it loaded courses I took 5 years ago. I have dozens of "assignments" and notifications for courses from 2012! That was fine except that due to bad layout it seems like you can't delete anything, and even if I wanted to keep the old courses I think I'd have to manually click through dozens of assignments to get rid of them.
Fun fact: when you view the library in "Shelf" layout (iOS 10.3, iPad4) the "Edit" button & menus are obscured behind the top navigation bar, so it seems like there's no way to delete anything! The grid view works fine. Pls change scroll view insets.
Content is generally good, and it's cool that this is becoming more of a teacher's tool than a student's tool. Will go look for new stuff now...
Keeps Getting Better!
The more recent updates have turned iTunes U into one of the best teaching tools I've seen! One thing though that still needs some work is the built-in PDF annotation tools. If Apple would match them to the built-in iOS 10 mark up annotation tools it would be almost perfect! This would add the ability of shape recognition, the loupe, and signature annotations. Students could get arrows, perfect boxes, comment bubbles, stars, etc. to help make their assignments even nicer before handing them in. Please Apple, add the iOS 10 Mark Up annotations to the iTunes U built-in annotation tool.
Best app ever invented on any platform
I mentioned this app while in grad school interview for an anesthesia program. The lady in the panel looked around the room and also vouched for this app. Needless to say, I got in and for years prior while preparing for that amazing journey, I used iTunes U for organic chemistry and biochemistry refresher courses. I can't say it enough, BEST APP EVER INVENTED. Yaro
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 28, 2017
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 55.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.