Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U provides everything an instructor needs to bring the classroom together on iPad—build lessons with apps and your own materials, collect and grade assignments from students, discuss one-on-one or in groups, and annotate PDF assignments.
iTunes U also allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to learn from the world’s largest collection of free education content—including public courses and collections from leading schools, universities, museums, and cultural institutions.
• Plan lessons, grade assignments, and stay connected—all right from your iPad
• Add your own teaching materials—including documents, worksheets, web links, photos, and videos
• Engage every learner using apps, books, videos, podcasts and more from iTunes, App Store, and iBooks
• Add instructions or comments to PDFs with built-in annotation tools
• See when students have viewed their assignments, completed their work, or remind them when they are due
• Use the integrated grade book to enter grades as you go and track the progress of your entire class at a glance
• Use the single-student view to offer private and individual attention for quick check-ins or parent-teacher conferences
• Answer individual questions in one-on-one chats or start debates with the entire class using group discussions
• Keep students in the loop and prepared for class with notifications
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions can publish courses to the iTunes U catalog to make them available to everyone for free
• Institutions using Apple School Manager with Managed Apple IDs can now import rosters to streamline course creation
• See your assignments and instructor updates in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Submit your work from any Apple creativity app, dozens of third-party apps, or as annotated PDFs for private courses
• Ask instructors questions or have them review your work outside of class time with one-on-one discussions
• Start or join group discussions with the whole class
• See your graded results and instructor feedback for all past assignments
Browse the world’s largest catalog of free education content:
• Choose from more than 1 million free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology from educational and cultural institutions around the world
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
• iTunes U includes materials from Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, McGill University, La Trobe University, University of Tokyo, Museo Nacional del Prado, Smithsonian Libraries, National Theatre, Library of Congress, and many more
• Participating in courses requires iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8.3 or later
• Creating courses requires iPad with iOS 8.3 or later
• Shared iPad and Manage Apple IDs requires iOS 9.3 or later
• Built-in PDF annotation requires iPad (3rd generation) or later, iPad mini 2 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 12 or later is required to sync with a computer
• Publishing public courses to iTunes U requires teachers to be affiliated with a qualified institution
• Roster import requires Managed Apple IDs
What's New in Version 3.3
• Import Managed Class Rosters from Apple School Manager
• Guide students to specific iTunes U Courses from the Classroom app
• Add materials from various document providers (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
• Use Explain Everything and Notability project files as course materials or hand-ins from students
• Minor performance and stability improvements
Great to use in the car
I have been using iTunes U to listen to lectures in the car. Usually I just play the lectures without using any of the other features, so my experience is not necessarilly for the full usage of the app.
One issue that I have is that when the iPhone connects to an audio playing device, such as the speakers in my car, the Podcasts app automatically begins playing the most recently played podcast. This happens even if iTunes U is open and is the most recently played audio on the phone. There might be a trick to it that makes the OS think Podcasts is preferred over iTunes U, but it would be nice to either set the play order or set iTunes U as the default player.
Please Add Modern iOS Features
I am using this app on an iPad Pro and it's missing features like using the Apple Pencil for PDFs and Split Screen for taking notes in other apps where the majority of my notes reside. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but there shouldn't be such disparity between Apple's apps. Other than that I generally enjoy the course layout and UI. It's easy to navigate.
This is an amazing toal to use, no matter what level ones at. We have been using the math podcasts often in my house, and are seeing improvement.
Only request..... Please also make this available for Macs as well.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 07, 2016
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 42.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.