Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes U is the best way to create and experience courses on iPad. The iTunes U app gives you access to complete courses from leading universities and other schools — plus the world’s largest digital catalog of free education content — right on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Whether you’re majoring in molecular biology at a university, taking Spanish in high school, or just interested in European history, you now have a valuable tool to help you learn anytime, anywhere.
Let the discussion begin
• Students participating in private courses can pose questions on the course or any post or assignment
• Other students in the class can jump into the discussion and ask more questions or provide answers
• Teachers and students can keep up with the conversation when they receive push notifications as the discussion progresses
Free courses in a wide array of subjects
• Take free courses created and taught by instructors from leading universities and other schools
• See all assignments and updates from the instructor in one place, and check off assignments as you complete them
• Take notes and highlight text in iBooks and see them consolidated for easy reviewing in the iTunes U app
• Take course notes in class, or while playing audio or video lectures inside of iTunes U
• Access course materials, including audio, video, books, documents & presentations, apps, and iBooks textbooks
• Share your favorite courses with friends using Twitter, Facebook, Mail, and Messages
The world’s largest catalog of free education content
• Choose from more than 750,000 free lectures, videos, books, and other resources on thousands of subjects from Algebra to Zoology
• Browse collections from education and cultural institutions in 30 countries — including Stanford, Yale, MIT, Oxford, LaTrobe University, University of Tokyo, MoMA, the New York Public Library, and the Library of Congress
Create courses on iPad
• Teachers can now create and update their courses using the iTunes U app on their iPad—getting started is fast, simple, and completely free
• Provide every student a course outline, write posts, distribute assignments, upload class materials, easily track participating students, and much more
• Take advantage of the built in camera on iPad to easily capture photos or videos and upload them for course assignments
• Create materials using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote—or other apps from the App Store—and add them to your course by using "Open in iTunes U" from within each app
• Teachers affiliated with qualified institutions have the option to publish their courses to the iTunes U Catalog—making them available to everyone for free
• Participating in courses require iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later
• Creating courses require iPad with iOS 7 or later
• An Apple ID set up for use on the iTunes Store
• iTunes 10.5.2 or later is required to sync with a computer
What's New in Version 2.1.1
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Full-featured, but forgets your place!
This app very nicely organizes materials and provides a host of features for the user. It would be much-improved if it remembered where a user left off. Unfortunately, every time you close the app for an extended period, you must start again at the beginning: digging into your selected class, lesson, material—and in the case of video, scrubbing to where you left off. Because it doesn't remember your place in a downloaded video. How was this overlooked? It's baffling considering that in Apple's other apps, videos DO remember your place. If this is corrected, the app truly deserves 5 stars. Until then—4, because it needlessly wastes a user's time day in and day out.
A few bugs still
I can't say enough how great it is to have this free content. Thank you! Please fix a few minor time-wasting bugs. The app forgets where you left off, both in the outline view and where you were in watching a video. The blue dot indicating watched/new is buggy too. These seem like they should be easy fixes, given how Apple's other apps handle marking and remembering your progress.
Learn Everything. .
Apple really has outdone themselves this time. .This application is incredibly easy to use, and make leading just about anything, a breeze.
Apple has even added the ability for anyone to host their own courses, ,?, lots of interesting room for improvement and endless potential. This implementation is awesome and intriguing.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 27, 2015
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 30.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.