JAC (Just A Clock) — for when you just need to know the time.
One or more resizable traditional (analog) clocks showing the time in different locations.
• A selection of functional designs, primarily minimalist but including some seasonal fun.
• Optional date, timezone and AM/PM display.
• Uses system language & calendar for display.
• Clocks may optionally float above other apps, or be brought forward using a hot corner.
• Spaces/Mission Control aware.
• Support for Mojave’s Dark Mode.
• Nautical timezones now available in the Table Picker, these are GMT±hour offset zones without daylight savings. Nautical zones may therefore be used to quickly set up a clock for a place with a known GMT hour offset as well as for clocks showing the time for a vessel on the high seas.
• Documented that search suggestions are only available in macOS 10.11.4+ and how search works on earlier macOS versions.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for!
I have frequent overseas business trips and time can be very confusing when you are working day/night. I can always find out what time it is where you are or back home but I needed something that stay more visible and easily accessible. Clock stay visible or via simple hidden corner. When I write an email, schedule a call or reply email with time in mind, this keeps me straight on what the time means to me or the other party so that I don’t accidentlly put something too early/late. And also keeps things clear so that I don’t miss anything due to confusion. Only one ask is if you can also provide a resizable digital version so that it is even more visible among all my open windows!
Great app, works perfectly. Very nice job.
But, and you knew this was coming . . .
1) No way to rename a clock once it is created. You have to make a new one.
2) The "select minimum population" doesn't make any sense — what does that have to do with what time it is?
3) Would like to see clock color choices. Blue/red bezel, white background, black minute markers, red second hand would be great for me.
4) Snap to display grid would be nice too.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your comments. An explanation of "select minimum population": If using the Map Picker you locate De Meern, a small settlement to the west of Utrecht, then you might prefer to have your clock labelled "Utrecht" and pressing "> 15000" will get you that whereas pressing "≥ 0" will get you "De Meern". The choices for the population size come from the database we use to match the coordinates to a settlement. (Of course near borders the choice of population size can change the timezone as well, but that is probably not what is wanted in most cases!) Hopefully that explains why it is there, but you may still not feel in make any sense for you of course! As to points 1, 3 & 4, while we do not commit to what may, or may not, be in future releases we do take note all requests.
Use this every day
Works perfectly, I wish that they changed from white to black for night time, it would make it easier at a glance for overseas.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.