By Halfbrick Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You're going for a ride - from the creators of FRUIT NINJA! Now updated to support the beautiful Retina display for the new iPad!
** Winner **
- Apple Design Award 2012!
- Pocket Gamer - Best Action/Arcade Game 2012
- Pocket Gamer - iPhone/iPod Touch Game of the Year 2012
- Pocket Gamer - Overall Game of the Year 2012
- Gamasutra Mobile Game of 2011
- TUAW Best iPhone Game of 2011
- UGO iOS Game of the Year
- Game Revolution Best Mobile Game 2011
- App Store Rewind, iPhone Game of the Year Runner-up!
Suit up with a selection of the coolest jetpacks ever made and take to the skies as Barry Steakfries, the lovable hero on a one-way trip to adventure! From the creators of the worldwide phenomenon Fruit Ninja comes the action-packed Jetpack Joyride, Halfbrick's most anticipated iPhone game ever!
"This is seriously my favorite iPhone game right now. I don't care if you have to go donate blood to afford it, do what you have to do." -- Touch Arcade
"Likely the best dollar you'll spend this summer." -- MTV
"Jetpack Joyride is, quite simply, an amazing game." -- IntoMobile
"Like all the best mobile games, Jetpack Joyride is criminally simple." -- Kotaku
"We are already blown away. Halfbrick looks like they have another hit on their hands." -- AppAdvice
“A miracle, by all accounts.” - PocketGamer
Join Barry as he breaks in to a secret laboratory to commandeer the experimental jetpacks from the clutches of science evildoers. After lift-off, simply touch the screen to ascend and release to descend, raining bullets, bubbles, rainbows and lasers downwards as you fly towards higher and higher scores!
You'll start off with the legendary Machine Gun Jetpack to scatter the evil scientists, but throughout each game you'll collect coins and complete missions to earn cash and buy new gear in The Stash! Pick your favorite jetpack, snazzy outfit and stock up on items then get back out there for more action!
Keen reflexes are your best weapon to avoid the obstacles in your path. These include lasers, electricity fields and even guided missiles, but thankfully this is a top secret lab - there will be even more goodies to pick up and help Barry along the way. Stay out of harm and you'll reach massive scores, unlock Achievements and beat your friends on the online leaderboards!
Get a boost of speed and power using the Lil' Stomper, Profit Bird and Crazy Freaking Teleporter, just a selection of the vehicles pickups available - all playable with one touch controls. You can even splash out and upgrade the vehicles with coin magnets or shiny gold plating for that bonus style factor!
Stay alive, get funky and lose yourself in Jetpack Joyride. There's so much to see and do, all the time in the world and more than enough jetpacks! As always, Barry Steakfries will provide!
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PARENTS
This game may contain:
- The ability to purchase optional content using real money. You can disable in-app purchases in the settings menu of your device.
- Promotional material for Halfbrick products and trusted business partners.
- Links to external social networking sites intended for users over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet which may open the default web browser on your device.
Terms of Service: http://www.halfbrick.com/tos
What's New in Version 1.8.1
We heard you, Joyriders! This update reduces ad frequency, resolves crashes and improves performance across the board.
Halfbrick is committed to ensuring Jetpack Joyride is always of the highest quality. We appreciate your patience and your feedback is always valued!
If you have any more issues, please visit our knowledge base at http://support.halfbrick.com. We’re here to help!
I LOVE THIS GAME AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!! I love the animation, but most of all, Barry. I mean, Barry Steakfries must be the BEST name EVER. I love the animation. But I only dislike 2 things. I don't like the inconsistent mission updates. I don't because I try to check how many meters I have gone for say, on foot. It still has the starting number. I am also a little disappointed at DJ Barry. I thought I would get this AWESOME dub step remix, but it isn't as cool as I thought it was going to be. I like the original more. But then again, it might just be me, and my taste for music. I also think that for DJ Barry, you could buy different genre music remixes for like, 10,000 coins. I just was thinking, and I wish you the best, HalfBrick! And also, all the people who have laggy games, it must be your device because I think I downloaded it with the newest update and mine is fine, never been laggy. I forgot to mention I love the strong arm machine, or S.A.M. feature. I have an account with HalfBrick and they've never done anything to me. I ador this app and nothing is wrong with it. GO HATE SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Fun game, sad losses
This game is really fun but it would be more fun if halfbrick brought back some of the old jetpacks. I used to play jetpack joyride on my moms iPod, but then I stopped. When I got my iPad I downloaded it and was pretty sad to see the twister jetpack wasn't there anymore. The game does get boring unless you set goals for your self. Right now I'm working on buying all of the current jet packs and hopefully half brick will add some more later on. I think that the adds that pop up after each game are really annoying because you can't turn them off. Halfbrick also took away some of the clothes that you could put on Barry. I can't remember specifically what they were but if your looking for a game to pass the time away this one might work for you.
Jet packs, but no joy
There are so many things to love about this game: the variety of clothes, jet packs, vehicles, and gadgets; the annimations; the challenge of trying to get further than last time.
Unfortunately, there are also a number of things to hate about this game since the recent cloud update:
- Broken missions: sometimes you have to do the rub your head for x meters and cover x meters by foot because the game won't accurately record your progress.
- Constant vehicle missions: at times the game will give you 5 or more vehicle missions in a row, which are my least favorite type. So boring to have to constantly play vehicle roulette in the hopes of getting the vehicle I need.
- Delayed mission updates: you can pause a game to see your progress for the current set of missions. Unfortunately, you have to pause at least twice in a row, as the mission progress isn't updated at the first pause.
- Inconsistent rewards: how can collecting a vehicle 5 times be worth 2 stars while destroy a vehicle 5 times is worth 3 stars? Don't collecting and destroying go hand in hand?
- Head Start prize: this has always been there, but it's still the worst prize available.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 44.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Halfbrick
- © Halfbrick Studios 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Coin Booster Pack (20,000)$1.99
- Counterfeit Machine$4.99
- Coin Mega Pack (50,000)$3.99
- Coin Ultra Pack (100,000)$5.99
- Coin Barry Pack (250,000)$9.99
- Coin Ultimate Pack (1,000,000)$29.99
- S.A.M. Mystery Reward$1.99
- Sleigh of Awesome$4.99
- The Wave Rider$4.99
- Barry To The Future Costume Set$1.99