- Safely store your files and access them on any device
- Safe and secure camera backup
- Back up photos and videos in original quality and size
- Organize your files and photos
- View backed up photos and videos on your device
- Stream videos to Apple TV or Cast devices
- Create photo albums and share with friends
- Open files and save them back to Jottacloud
- Share large files with ease
- Easily link and share your files
- Free up space on your device with one click
- Search for files by name
- See file details
- Chat with customer support directly in the app
- Sign up now and get 5 GB free storage!
You can opt-in to give the app access to your location so the app can give you more relevant notifications. To save precious battery time we use the "significant change" location service which will update the app occasionally when you are on the move. To use this service we are unfortunately required to ask for the "Always"-permission. We do not send your location to our servers.
- Added an all new Document Scanner! You can find it by taping the plus-button from "Sync" or "Archive" (under Files) and selecting "Scan document"
- We have done some more improvements to memory usage, so hopefully iPhone 6 users having issues during startup will have a better experience
- Also done some other improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Camera backup does not work at all
Camera backup used to work perfectly in the old app. Jottacloud was my trusted backup system for all sources - iPhone, iPad, Mac, Windows etc.
Unfortunately there are multiple problems with the new app. Most important that backup don't work. First I had to reinstall (after talking to support) since it never managed to start backing up. Then it doesn't manage to do background uploading. I had to turn off iPhone screen lock and leave it overnight with Jottacloud in the foreground, for multiple nights. In theory it got nearly done, with only 124 photos remaining to get backed up. However, absolutely all images have the "waiting for backup" icon so it's not possible to know which. It also never managed to backup the remaining photos. Sadly, I need a backup solution that I can 100% trust. This is not it, while the old app was. It's hard to understand why they had to push this new app on us when the new photo functionality is almost non-existing anyway, and doesn't compare to competitors. The app often take 5-10 seconds to open up, and crashes frequently when switching back to it. I need a backup app, not a wannabe photo app. It was all good when their photo app initiative was a separate app you could choose to use or not.
New app works slow with iphone 6
The new app used a long time to index before backup started. I was told by support it is due to iphone 6’s lack of memory. Tip: close all other apps, turn off background refresh, turn off auto lock (keep it open as long as posssible). This will free memory and indexing will go faster. I hope they can optimize for iphone 6.
iPhone photo backup
Can this app keep the modification made to the photos? Every time. Modify a picture in my camera roll whether the photo is live or just a regular edit or color, every time I save it to Jotta it reverts the photo back to the original state. Can this be corrected?
Developer Response ,
Hi! Is this still the case in the latest update? Jottacloud should backup all modifications, but there may be multiple "uploads" since we also keep the original if this has already been backed up. Jottacloud does not modify photos on your camera roll unless you explicitly ask us to delete the photos from the app. If this problem persists, please contact us through the in-app support chat or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jotta AS
- 55.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Norwegian Bokmål, Serbian, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Jotta AS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.