Start modeling - finally!
We all love our de-facto standard JSON.
If you are new to the app: this app is out for a couple of years now and develpers greatly appreciate it. It is a design tool primarily, and has always been for free as my part of giving back to the developer community. I put some effort in a smoother design and made many adjustments from some valuable feedbacks. Code generators are a new feature, which is connected to a payment, which is a practical way to show if you value the feature and the app. Depending on your feedback the app will be extended with further functionality. Enjoy JSON modeling!
tl;dr: Modeling is the core feature and for free as always, new code generators have to be paid for (and save lots of time)
Despite the long existence of UML and best practices of software engineering you can't find any diagrams in the API documentations of Google, Facebook, Twitter and the likes.
So help yourself, stop deciphering unreadable example files and use this new simplified visual representation of JSON structures as object oriented models.
• Tree structures depict hierarchical structures of objects
• Multiplicity indicator of objects and attributes depict arrays
Examples and a tutorial are provided inside the App. Use JSON Designer to jump right into defining your API, without reading a single page of JSON documentation.
• Graphically model JMs, ie your JSON Models
• Email JM images to integrate in documentations
• Reverse-generate JMs from URLs or direct JSON input
• Browse hand-picked popular API examples
• Open-in: exchange JSON files with other apps
Stay tuned for new features via @jsondesigner on Twitter.
Feedback is gratefully appreciated.
More that 65% of JSON Designer users say it's a must-have and are using it daily!
To back the app, show your gratitude and support further development,
simply get the "I'm backing you" app subscription for a couple of month:
Some polishings have been done:
- Simplified selection and dragging mechanics (your feedback is appreciated if it is actually better)
- Adjustments for Apple Pencil
- Force Touch magnifies an object
- The in-app-payment for generators is depicted as a subscription even more prominently now (thanks for your feedback)
- The Code Generator Subscription mechanic to back the app for a longer period of time and the price are kept; a few people were complaining - in fact it's actually cheap when you think about the work reading manuals and/or searching Stackoverflow to assemble your own solution, even if you'd only earn ~30$ an hour. Most developers agree and I thank you very very much for your support!!!
Ratings and Reviews
Very hard to use
I find the UI very difficult to pan, expand, and find nodes let alone edit. Keep it simple, and this is not.
Crashes when pasting in a URL for visualization
This app appears to have a feature where you can paste in a JSON URL and it will load the results into the molder. Great idea for a feature, only, it crashes every time I try to use it. Too bad because I could really use this kind of feature to analyze the JSON results coming from one of my clients interfaces. In spite of this, I still give the app 3 stars because it is useful for modeling JSON and this is the only problem I have with the app. Please, fix this bug!
And nicely implemented, too. I've only gone through the tutorial so I can't speak too much to the app's ability to handle more complicated structures, but I will suggest making the text a little bigger in the tutorial, as it's pretty difficult to read. Also, the ability to zoom in/out would be a nice touch.
Keep it up!
- Cribster UG (haftungsbeschrankt)
- 5.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-2017 Cribster
- In-App Purchases
- App Backer - Code Generators Access $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.