Juno is a client app for Jupyter, an interactive cloud-based computational environment, where you can combine code execution, rich text, mathematics, plots and rich media.
When you write code in Juno, the actual computing is happenning on a remote Jupyter server, giving you access to virtually unlimited computational resources from your iPhone or iPad. Juno lets you connect to your own Jupyter server, or use cloud computing services, such as CoCalc and Azure Notebooks.
Jupyter Notebook has support for over 40 programming languages, including Python, R, Julia and Scala.
• Produce rich output with your code: HTML, images, videos, LaTeX, and custom MIME types, all wrapped into a single notebook file.
• Leverage big data tools, such as Apache Spark, from Python, R and Scala. Explore that same data with pandas, scikit-learn, ggplot2, TensorFlow.
JUNO FEATURES AT A GLANCE
• Optimizing Jupyter for iOS, Juno delivers a full-featured code editor experience and a complete development environment on your iPhone or iPad.
• Use all familiar Jupyter shortcuts with your external hardware keyboard.
• Launch Juno in Split-screen mode alongside other apps on iPad. Run notebooks with documentation, terminal, or other code editor in front of you.
• Get code completion suggestions for your programming language as you type, powered by your Jupyter Notebook server's kernel.
• Try Jupyter without any preliminary configuration. We have bundled introductory notebooks on Python, Matplotlib, NumPy, SciPy — and will keep adding more!
This is a minor update that fixes Azure Notebooks integration, making sure your notebooks always open in the notebook editor. More substantial update coming soon, with more fixes and new features!
Ratings and Reviews
Using this on an iPad Air 2, it is extremely buggy and hard to get any work done. First, it will randomly act as if a key is stuck on my keyboard and process a character over and over again, (essential, I will press a once, and it will display aaaaaaaaa almost indefinitely). Second, scrolling is incredibly buggy, it will “snap” to a fixed position, no matter how many times I attempt to scroll. The last problem I have is less critical, but there really should be a display of keyboard shortcuts when holding down cmd on an external keyboard.
I’ve been following this app since the beta, and had higher expectations
Juno will display a list of keyboard shortcuts as of next minor release; as per other issues, these symptoms sound like Juno's internal overrides are clashing with some specific settings on your notebook server: could you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we could ask for some additional details and fix this?
Jupyter on the iPad, Finally!
I’ve been wanting something like this app for years, now, as I’ve built up a large collection of Jupyter (formerly Ipython) notebooks. I can’t praise the fine folks who have built this app enough. I have a few notebooks on Microsoft Azure Notebook and they execute flawlessly when interacting with them through the Juno app. Editing is easy and intuitive. Try out the demo notebooks and pay for the full version. It’s an absolute joy to use.
Useful for Students
The ability to access Jupyter notebooks on azure has assisted in my write ups for physics classes, facilitated my production of scripts for automating aspects of my research, and allowed me to create small computational programs for students that I TA all from my iPad. No bugs I’ve noticed. Very fast loading. Excellent editing options. Thanks for that tab key haha! Look forward to continuing to use this app. (I’m actually doing a Prelab rn on Juno lelll)
- Rational Matter Ltd
- 29.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Rational Matter Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Juno Pro $10.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.