By Pocket Pixels Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Juxtaposer lets you combine multiple pictures into creative and fun photomontages quickly and easily thanks to its intuitive and responsive user interface.
Take any element from one picture and add it to another. Remix your pets into a mythical creature, swap a statue's head with your friend's, or combine photos into surreal and beautiful works of art. Juxtaposer has the power and features of a professional creative tool, but is simple to use and just as importantly, it's fun!
- Short tutorial videos will turn you into a photomontage artist in no time.
- Your composite images are exported at the full resolution of the background image, even if it's huge (40 MP+)!
- The image adjustment tools let you match your images' color and lighting, and fine-tune the look of your creation.
- Zoom in to work on fine details with pixel-level accuracy.
- Add elements from as many photos as you like to your background image.
- Load photos from your iPhone photo library, or from Dropbox, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram or Picasa.
- Share your photomontages on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr or Picasa. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save your cutout images in the Stamp Manager for later use. You can also share these "stamps" with friends or export them as transparent PNGs.
- Undo any edit. Experiment safely, you can always get back to where you started.
- 20 blend modes (like Multiply, Screen and Overlay) let advanced iPhoneographers create unique effects.
- The "red mask" view mode shows you just the top image with the erased parts in red. It is helpful when precisely cutting out an element.
* WhatsOnIphone.com: "The application works incredibly well and makes an otherwise challenging process simple and fun. It blows my mind that you can do such things on an iPhone."
* TUAW: "This $2.99 app is a lot of fun, as well as one of the best-executed compositing tools for a mobile device that I've ever seen."
* IphoneAppReviews: "Pretty much everyone, at some point in time, has had the uncontrollable urge to take a friend’s photo and do something truly evil with it. Juxtaposer is an awesome photo-editing tool that can make that dream a reality!"
What's New in Version 3.3.1
I am addicted
I like the app very much and try to make art on it almost every day. In the bad old days of film I liked making multiple exposures - this app gives huge flexibility in making and manipulating that kind of work. So I love that. There are some apparent glitches in the software that actually help: moving all the sliders to the left and then dialing shadow and brightness back yield a high contrast version. Making a screen shot of that and using it to replace the image, then sliding back saturation and dialing up the bottom two sliders gives a solarized version. I use these a lot - please don't fix those glitches unless you make them into standard features! It took a while to discover accidentally how to solarize and I would hate to lose that! I wish you had a simple cropping feature. And, last but most, help us back up the files - they take up a huge amount of space on both my phone and iPad!
Nothing else like it! The best!
I can't tell you how often I use this app...and not for just for silly stuff, like replacing the head of my my dog with a cat's head ;) but for serious decision making, such as:
1.Adding a new tree in front of my house to determine the right proportions
2.Putting a new rug in my living room to check the design and colors
3.Inserting a business product I sell into a customers photo to show them how it would look
4.Seeing what type of sign I wanted to install over my door
Possibilities are not only endless but I find myself using it for all kinds of situations I would never have anticipated.
And it is so easy and fast to use as well!!!
I have used a lot of other apps to change the background or foreground in pictures. This app is without a doubt, the easiest one to work with. The best part is you can repositioned your foreground after you have begun or finished masking. This app is so user friendly my young grandchildren use it all the time.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 23, 2014
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 36.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pocket Pixels Inc.
- © 2013 Pocket Pixels Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.