Supercharge your kanji powers! This enjoyable and challenging game will get you making connections between kanji forms, radical components, meanings and readings! With thousands of kanji to learn, these connections are vital for remembering new kanji, distinguishing similar kanji and decoding unfamiliar words.
Rather than poring over textbook kanji lists, actively build your knowledge in this classic casual 'match 3' game format by matching kanji based on component radicals or onyomi in different modes of varying difficulty. Information for the kanji is displayed below the game while playing, so you can learn and confirm as you play!
Plenty of reference information is available for preview and review outside the game – see kanji listed by JLPT level (from N5 up to N2), grouped by radical or onyomi. Tap a kanji tile to get a popup window displaying meaning, reading and radical information – tap the box to see example words containing that kanji.
At the end of each game, kanji featured are listed for review and you can mark them off as ‘known’ if you don’t need them to appear in the game again. If you win a game, the super-kawaii sushi character matched in the game is added to your collection!
- contains over 1100 kanji from JLPT N5 to N2 levels
- Reference info for kanji showing meanings, readings, radicals and example words
- 4 game modes of varying difficulty, two for radicals and two for readings
- Progress tracking to 'check off' known kanji
N.B. Compatible with models iPhone5/iPodTouch 5G/iPad2 and later.
- Fixed bug in AIRv19 that caused app to crash.
*Stay updated on KanjiGames projects via the Facebook page!
**If you like Kanji Crush, please support us by rating via the 'Settings' page! :)
Ratings and Reviews
A little lag, but what’s new? Fun and adorable. I wish there was clearer hiragana for the info; I find the info muddled. But I love it anyway!
Very disappointing :(
Unfortunately, that app does not run. Perhaps it is incompatible with iPhone 6s or the new OS update. And if you can't even use it, what is it good for?
Easy to use design and fun -and challenging- to play the match three game. The examples are excellent and setting known and unknown kanji is especially helpful. Works fine on my 4S. Looking forward to needing levels 3+ !
- Oliver Rose
- 73.6 MB
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Oliver Rose
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock all sets for $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.