Kanji LS Touch is an App for iPhone/iPod Touch & iPad for learning japanese kanji. It utilizes the unique touch interface to intuitively teach you how to draw the Kanji by displaying strokeorder guidelines. But that's just one of the many great features helping you learning Kanji.
- 5.000 Kanji total
- Kanji can be displayed in system font or handwriting font
- 16 Kanji Sets (marked Kanji, all Kanji, 1. - 6. Grade, Secondary School, Jōyō kanji [2010 version], JLPT Level N1 - N5)
- possiblity to import, combine or create your own custom Kanji Set within the app
- Strokeorder guidelines for all Kanjis (system font & handwriting font)
- all Kanjis have Readings (On and/or Kun) and English & German meaning
- 2.000 Kanji have also french meaning
- possibilty to import your own meanings for the Kanji
- numerous ways to select the kanji you want to train:
- All Kanji of the current set
- custom selection (kanji selected via kanji browser)
- Range of kanji (e.g. kanji 40 till kanji 60)
- 9.000 sample words
- all sample words have reading and english, french & german meaning
- 5 Testtypes:
- Meaning --> Kanji
- Kanji --> Meaning
- Kanji --> Reading (On/Kun/Both)
- Reading --> Kanji (On/Kun/Both)
- Word --> missing Kanji
- 2 Testmodes:
- Direct Input (drawing or keyboard)
- Multiple Choice
- list of all Kanji in the current kanji set
- search for a specific kanji by kanji, meaning or reading
- display details of a specific Kanji
- select specific kanji for a custom selection you want to train
- jump to a certain Kanji or Radical within the list
- Import your own custom Kanji Set (e.g. if you want to train only the kanji of lesson x of your textbook or if you want to train the Kanji in a certain order)
- Import your own meanings for the Kanji (e.g. if you learn by certain keywords that differ from the default meanings in the program or if you speak a language that is not supported by the application [russian, italian...])
- create your own Kanji sets within the app
- export your custom sets via email
- works completely offline (Kanji Data is saved in the program)
- Learning with the Leitner system (SRS)
- Sensei Mode that automatically choses the Kanji for the next test based on previous performance
- Practice mode (for learning how to draw the Kanji)
- Backup & Sync between devices via Dropbox
- User Interface fully localized in English, French and German
for more information/videos/screenshots/handbook:
If you find a bug in the software please send me an email [jan(a)asia-ls.com] with as many information as possible so I can try to reproduce and fix it:
- device & firmware
- what did you do step by step
- settings (current set, test mode, Leitner actice...)
- does it happen always/sometime/once
If you like this application check out:
KANA LS TOUCH
JAPANESE LS TOUCH
Kanji LS Touch uses the KANJIDIC and JMDICT dictionary files. These files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's licence. (www.edrdg.org)
- minor Bugfixes
- iOS 10 Adjustments
Ratings and Reviews
I won't be updating!
I had updated the developers Kana LS app and the new interface is ugly and awkward. I was hoping he'd leave the kanji version alone. I will NOT be updating.
The original version is elegant, attractive and easy to use. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
Best of all the kanji apps so far.
Ok so needs some work on setting up which kanjis to learn. Being able to divede the joyo kanji into whatever size groups the user would like would really help. The background needs to be user set to whatever color I really hate the black orange. Its almost insulting. Also there is not one app that just does the 212 radicals only grouping the kanjis by radicals would be useful knowing all the radicals should come first.
This app saved me some money
I been using this app for about one year now and it's great. This app saved me a lot of money from buying kanji textbooks.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.