Khan Academy: learn math, biology, chemistry, economics, art history and almost anything for free
By Khan Academy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** New on iPad only: Over 150,000 exercises with instant feedback ***
Khan Academy allows you to learn almost anything for free.
New in our iPad app, you can:
- Sharpen your skills: over 150,000 interactive, Common Core aligned math exercises are included with instant feedback and step-by-step hints. Follow along with what you’re learning in school or practice at your own pace.
- Flex your muscles: the app adjusts to give you interactive exercise recommendations that are tailored just for you through the world of math.
- Show your work: the app harnesses the power of writing down your thoughts as you problem-solve with a beautiful, expansive scratchpad. Once you have your answer, just write it in, and we’ll recognize your handwriting (powered by MyScript)!
- Track your learning: your learning auto-magically syncs between your iPad and khanacademy.org, so your progress and recommendations are always up-to-date, anywhere, anytime.
On both our iPad and iPhone apps, you can:
- Watch all of our 5,000+ videos
- Read articles on topics from Art History to Coach & Classroom Resources
- Download videos to watch offline at your own pace
Learn using videos, interactive exercises, and in-depth articles in math (arithmetic, pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, calculus, linear algebra), science (biology, chemistry, physics), economics, and even the humanities with playlists on art history, civics, finance, and more.
Spend an afternoon brushing up on statistics. Discover how the Krebs cycle works. Learn about the fundamentals of music notation. Prepare for the upcoming SAT, GMAT, or MCAT. Or, if you’re feeling particularly adventurous, learn how fire stick farming changed the landscape of Australia.
It doesn't matter if you are a student, teacher, home-schooler, principal, adult returning to the classroom after 20 years, or a friendly alien just trying to get a leg up in earthly biology—Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge.
Head over to www.khanacademy.org to learn more.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Bug fixes and performance improvements:
* Fewer crashes around signing in
* Even more reliable progress saving
* Accessibility fixes (our search icon no longer tells you it's a magnifying glass!)
* And an extra dash of learning and joy
Such clear instruction!
I came to this app after having trouble understanding math concepts while studying for the ACT. Though I haven't checked out content in all subjects, the mathematics section is exactly what I was looking for. Not only are you shown how to solve a problem, but why it makes sense. While some don't feel it is necessary, this is an important part of learning for me. These videos are the reason I feel confident for the test. Best part is it's FREE! Thank you to the creators. The effort to share knowledge, and make it easily accessible is clear and appreciated. Only 2 things I could think of to make it better. An ACT section (there is an SAT section), and the way the app exits a video of it is paused. (If you exit the app or your screen goes black the video must be restarted.)
Concept is Wonderful, the App is shotty
The videos (so far) have all worked without a problem, but when it comes to seeing where you've left off or need to continue from isn't instantly marked off or highlighted. Transition from video to an question lesson should be transitional. Instead I have to go back to the menu and select where I have to go next. And only when you open and close the app is when you get to see where you might continue. I can't edit my profile, or even see the other tabs that are in my profile. And what exactly are the points for? What are they based off of? There are some cosmetic flaws that could be fixed, sooner rather than later. This new update didn't fix anything noticeable.
Khan Academy: Overall Very Nice!
I heard about Khan Academy through a television commercial and decided to try it out. I recently watched every video for college admissions and finances! It has truly been a giant help in that area. However, I wish the music section had more depth. I will be going to college for music education and was quite disappointed when I looked through the music category! Only three videos, and relatively simple (simple is NEVER bad when first starting music or to get a general idea). It could grow and branch into bigger planes of theory and history than what is listed. In my opinion music is heavily lacking, but other than that this app is great to brush up or learn new things! Truly a wonderful layout, colors, organization, resources, etc.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 62.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Khan Academy
- © 2015 Khan Academy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.