Kick Tolerance HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kick Tolerance provides to drilling engineers, chemists, technicians, students and others professionals in the Oil & Gas industry a productivity tool helpful in drilling operation (well control) and planning phase of oil wells.
This version is completely interactive and allows users to define a wide variety of parameters for oil wells, save data to files.
- For well control simulation, use another app "Well Control Simulator".
- For simulation of leak-off test, use another app "Leak-Off Test Simulator";
- For methods to control, use another app "Well Control Methods";
- For drilling simulation, use another app "Drilling Simulator";
- For hydraulic calculations, use another app "Drilling Hydraulics";
These tools can complement (work with) this simulator by importing /exporting data files which can be used in this application;
For new features, report bugs, improvements and suggestions please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This application deals with two concepts:
1- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Pore Equivalent Weight;
2- Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Both with graphical analyzes.
For both the concepts, the calculations uses the Fracture Gradient defined in "Well Configuration -> Gradients" views.
1. For KT as Maximum Pore Equiv Weight
- Plot KT x Maximum Kick Volume
KT (Maximum Pore Equiv Weight) = mudWeight + (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (Fract Equiv Weight - mudWeight) - (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight - kickDensity);
=> Known the Maximum Kick Volume, find the KT as the Maximum Pore Gradient;
2. For KT as Maximum Pit Gain Volume:
Plot KI = the difference ( Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight ) versus Maximum Kick Volume (Pit Gain)
KI (Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight)
= (casingShoe/wellDepth) * (Fract Equiv Weight - mudWeight) - (KickLength/wellDepth) * (mudWeight - kickDensity);
=> Known the difference (Pore Equiv Weight - Mud Weight), find the Kick Tolerance as Maximum Kick Volume.
Calculation of the Kick Tolerance by this App:
1. Hmax below the casing shoe = (MaxSICP - SIDPP) / (0.052 x (ρmud-ρkick));
- MaxSICP = 0.052 x (ρfracture - ρmud) x CasingShoeTVD
- SIDPP = 0.052 x KI x Well TVD
2. Calculate V1 = Maximum Volume annulus bellow the casing shoe;
3. Calculate V2 at bottom = (V1 x Pfracture/T1) / (Ppore/T2);
4. Calculate V3 = Volume annulus at bottom using Hmax;
The kick tolerance is the smaller of the two volumes between V2 and V3.
This KT is showed in the Graph: KI versus KT Volume.
1) Calculations of the Choke Line Effect;
2) Included the formulas;
3) Ability to work with data files locally and on iCloud;
4) Sharing Data Files with iCloud and importing wells from other apps;
5) Views with calculations of capacities, volumes and more.
6) Defining the parameters of the well, drill string, drill bit, mud (fluid), mud pumps, circulation lines on surface, diameter and coefficient of choke and more;
7) Options wells in floating units or in drilling land rigs;
8) Choice of rheological models (Bingham and Power);
9) Hydrostatic calculations at the bottom hole and the casing shoe;
10) Selecting the system of units: Metric, SI, Oilfield and Mix;
11) Selection of units also per parameter;
12) Printing and email attachments with retina display;
13) Drill string sections: drill pipe 1, drill pipe 2, heavy weight, drill collar 1 and drill collar 2.
14) Directional basics Hydrostatic calculations (KOP, Bottom Hole and Casing Shoe TVD and Measured Depth)
15) Ability to send data file by email;
16) Ability to open in... from Mail app;
17) Support for iTunes file sharing;
These tools & materials are provided 'as is' without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
Please verify the tools provided by this application by yourself before you use them. Ensure you understand the impact of using these tools.
Any use you choose to make of these tools & materials is undertaken by you entirely at you own risk.
What's New in Version 3.1
- Revised the Choke Line Effects
- Added improvements
- Minor fixes
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 27, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Carlos Moura
- © 2011 CAFM, All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.