By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.15.2
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Please fix the translation feature
I'm reading a book in German, every word is a German word and yet 4 out 5 times I highlight a word (clearly German words) to translate, it defaults English translation to...English!!! Auto detect for languages is clearly broken, please either save the settings from the last word translated or allow me to set defaults. It's quicker to go to the iPhone home screen and use another app than to use this apps translation feature sometimes. Also please allow me to "share" words when highlighting them, this would also make translation easier as I have a translation app in my dock of "sharable" app plus it just seems like a standard option to have when highlighting text. I would just use iBooks where I don't have this issue but there's no option that I see to export book files to other apps (another issue, particularly since this content is not copyrighted) and the pdf to kindle feature is great for formatting long pdfs to read on my phone and iBooks can't do that!
Best reader, but needs scrolling option
Not only is the Kindle app beautiful, but it has flexibility with annotations. Great work!
The new page flip feature is pretty cool, but unfortunately at this time there are so few books that this works with (certainly not very many in my library). I'm sure that will get better with time.
*would really love to see support for a scrolling option, which is very handy when laying in bed and resting a device on your chest. This is the main reason I stick with iBooks since I read a lot in bed before going to sleep. Also, where is the split-screen support on the iPad? Otherwise, just about a flawless app.
Broken Brightness in 5.15.1 is FIXED
Yay. The in app brightness setting is once again independent from the iOS system brightness.
Thanks to the Kindle for iOS developers for reading my previous, and somewhat irate, review, and for taking it to heart. The independent brightness setting is very important for those of us with any of the dozens of eye afflictions that can cause light and contrast perception problems.
It is also much appreciated by the other person in the bed who must get up at 4:00 AM.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 07, 2017
- Version: 5.15.2
- Size: 172 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.