By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• With your newsfeed you can discover what the readers you trust are reviewing and rating highly to find your next great read, and discuss the books, passages and ideas that inspire you while only being one tap away from diving back into your book.
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 6.0.3
Introducing the all-new Kindle app with a brand new look built around the books you love. Choose between the new light theme or existing dark theme. Quickly navigate with one-tap access to the things you use most, including your most recent book. With Goodreads built into Kindle you can now discover and discuss books with friends, authors and the community.
In response to very recent complaints
I saw a review from Aaron Storms that was written a few days ago about the recent problems after updating the app. I ran into what I think was the same problem and was becoming frustrated. I decided to try something which seems to have fixed my problem, or at least for the moment. I double tapped my home button to bring up the running apps to switch between them and swiped up on the Kindle box to close the program, then opened the app again and finally I was able to get the missing and broken functionality to come up and work.
Hopefully others can try and have it help out. It is a shame that the upgrade didn't "just work" like Apple products and content should, but at least this workaround helped me out for now.
And since I am going to have to leave a star rating in order to submit my review I will finish by justifying it that I find it perplexing that all the functionality isn't in the Apple app like not being able to purchase books. Now that I'm thinking about it I don't think the ability to even save a potential interesting book off to a Wish List is available. Who knows what else is missing.
Newest Update- Great, only one BIG flaw I can find
I really like the new update for the app EXCEPT I really HATE the fact that you took away the sort by length button. Sometimes, I just want to find a quick short story to read and how on earth are we supposed to do that when most of us have several hundred books. Otherwise love the update. If you’d consider putting that back in I’d be grateful.
I really love the new arrow button at the top left corner so you can exit your book with one quick push instead of having to go to the sidebar then go to the library. Much more convenient.
Many other things I like, but only wanted to get on here to say I think you need to put the sort by length button back into the app. I sorted by all four of the available functions, now I’m down one. It’s quite frustrating , especially since I use you’re app mor than any other except Audible.
Broke kindle unlimited
Congrats your update broke my most used app. For some reason the new app won’t sync with my kindle unlimited subscription. Two new books I’ve been waiting for came out today. Click read free. Select a book to return. Then go to read them and the books I returned are still showing. No problem I think. Maybe I clicked the wrong button. Go back and click read free. Nope it says I have it checked out. Try something else and it says the status of the books are pending. Go to sync in setting and it says synced. But the books I returned are still there and the new books I picked are not. So congrats you broke something that was working fine.
After uninstalling and reinstalling twice the books finally downloaded. So moving to a 3 Star for now until I see what happens next time. Dropping it down to 2 stars cause I continue to have issues with the app freezing and new books not showing up.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 06, 2017
- Version: 6.0.3
- Size: 171 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.