Kindle – Read eBooks, Magazines & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go. eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images
• A customizable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page color
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
What's New in Version 5.14
Goodreads Profile (US Only): Now it’s even easier to add friends on Goodreads. Visit your Goodreads profile to see your friend list, send and respond to friend requests, and add friends from Facebook. Activate your profile by linking your Goodreads account to Kindle in Settings. This feature will be available in the next few weeks
Love reading on my Kindle App
I love the app and the continuos updates. I appreciate the fonts that have been developed and the connections to Goodreads and other social media services where I can connect with friends and share what I am reading. Two things I wish for:
(1) That when highlighting a passage that goes to the next page (screen) the highlighting would continue and I wouldn't need to have to sections that are separated when looking in the note book.
(2) I think it would be useful, on the library view, to toggle between read books and unread books. Or that it shows the percentage read.
Solid App. No iPad Pro Split Screen.
The apps for Kindle for iPhone and iPad are excellent, solid apps that provide an entire library wherever I'm working, relaxing, or traveling.
I do use it for all of my school books as well. It's great not having to carry a bunch of heavy volumes for classes. But there is no split screen support for iPad Pro! Which means I can't read the book and take notes or write a term paper without having to multitask back and forth between Kindle for iPad and whatever app I'm using.
This will be the last semester I plan to use it for school books. I will start looking for alternatives, include iBooks, which is expensive, but solves my problem and that's worth it to me.
No split screen view
This review is specific as an iPad user and student. I purchased text books via kindle which is great as I can have 1000+ page books with me at all times on my iPad. However, kindle doesn’t support split screen view. I discovered this after my book purchases and honestly I may not have gone this route. For me, a huge benefit for e-textbooks was the thought of being able to be in class/writing a paper/studying with both my text book and my note-taking app side by side. It is an unnecessary pain to have to switch back and forth between application. What a let down.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 28, 2017
- Version: 5.14
- Size: 178 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2017 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.