Kindle – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks
By AMZN Mobile LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Kindle app is optimized for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, giving users the ability to read Kindle books, newspapers, magazines, textbooks and PDFs on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You’ll have access to over 1,000,000* books in the Kindle Store plus hundreds* of newspapers and magazines. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs your last page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across devices (including Kindle), so you can pick up your book where you left off on another device.
Get the best reading experience available on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch:
• Shop the Kindle Store by visiting Amazon for the largest selection of books people want to read: millions of books, including hundreds of thousands of titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store and over 1.7 million titles that are $9.99 or less.
• Get free book samples – read the first chapter free before you decide to buy via Kindle Free Sample Search.
• Customize your reading experience by choosing margin size, line spacing, background color, font size, font style, and either portrait or landscape format.
• Tap and hold text to quickly highlight important sections, easily edit or change highlight colors, and select long passages that span multiple pages.
• Exclusive to Kindle, X-Ray lets you see the “bones of the book” and learn more about notable characters, places, and phrases with descriptions from Shelfari and Wikipedia. (English Titles Only)
• Collections: Easily categorize books, docs, and magazines with a few, easy taps.
• Instant dictionary word lookup with 250,000 entries and definitions. Tap and hold a word to view the definition. You can also use previously purchased Dictionaries, such as medical, legal, or other translation references.
• Search inside the book to find a character, topic, or section you want to revisit.
• Simply tap on either side of the screen or flick to turn pages.
• You can also read your Kindle books on your Kindle e-reader, Kindle Fire, PC, Mac, Android-based device, Windows Phone 8-based device, or in your web browser with Kindle Cloud Reader. Our Whispersync technology syncs your last page read, notes, bookmarks, and highlights across devices, so you can pick up where you left off.
• Read hundreds* of newspapers and magazines including The Economist, Reader’s Digest, Martha Stewart Living, and Food Network Magazine with high resolution color images. Visit the Kindle Store to subscribe to a newspaper or magazine and have each edition automatically delivered, or purchase individual issues.
• Email PDFs & other documents to your new Send-to-Kindle e-mail address and we deliver them to your device. The documents are automatically archived in the Amazon Cloud and available for re-download on your iOS or supported Kindle devices. You can also read PDFs from Mail, Safari, or by transferring them from iTunes.
• With Kindle textbooks you save up to 60% off print list prices when you buy, and up to 80% when you rent. Use the Notebook in your Print Replica textbooks to review your bookmarks, highlights, notes. Tag and filter the most important items to study.
• Accessibility features make it easier for blind and visually impaired customers to navigate their Kindle libraries, read & interact with books, and more. Enable VoiceOver in your device settings to begin. A quick reference to gestures can be found under the FAQ section in settings.
* Selection and price of books and periodicals in the Kindle Store may vary by country.
What's New in Version 4.2
● Table of Contents: customers can now access their table of contents from the left panel navigation menu from within most books and see chapter headings and page numbers. Curious readers can tap a chapter to navigate directly to that part of the book.
● X-Ray Smart Look-Up: Look up Amazon exclusive X-Ray information without ever leaving the page. Select a word or name and learn more about the concept, person, or place in the Info Card provided at the bottom of the page.
I continue to enjoy the Kindle App and appreciate the continued dedication to improving it. I would still like to see a way to erase all bookmarks once the book is read. I would also love to see an easy way to organize the library. I do not use folders, and would like to have certain titles or authors grouped in specific sequences. Thanks. My original review follows.
This is an excellent app for an ebook reader. It does almost everything my "real" kindle does and is very convenient. In fact, I like the page turn option better on the iPhone version. I would suggest an option to remove all bookmarks. This would make it easier to switch from device to device and much easier for those of us who read books multiple times without having to navigate through the book to find where we actually are this go round.
Love the app
I read my kindle books on this app daily, when having my kindle is not convenient. The app performs great. The only complaint I have is the option was recently added to allow the app to display estimated time until the end if the chapter, but it doesn't work. It will never display anything except "learning reading speed." My OCD makes it hard to quit reading without a logical stopping point. It would be nice to know if I have an appropriate amount of time to read. Other than that, love the app.
I love the app overall. The functionality of controls inside a book are great. They options of text size, background color, etc are great.
The only thing I feel this app is missing is a way to organize your books. I would love to be able to organize by books into folders by series, author, genre, etc. I like having things in folders and well organized, and I don't have that option with this app. Fix that, and 5 stars hands down!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Apr 22, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 31.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: AMZN Mobile LLC
- © 2009-2014 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.