By Ironhide Game Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
****ON SALE FOR LIMITED TIME!!!****
*****#1 Strategy Game on the iPhone and iPod Touch*****
"One of the most engaging TD games we've played"
-Slidetoplay.com (STP Score of 4 out of 4 "Must Have")
"This is easily one of the best TD games currently in the App Store"
-Gamezebo.com (4.5 out of 5 Stars)
"Kingdom Rush can be filed in the thin folder marked "games that are pretty much perfect"
"This is one kingdom you'll be in no rush to escape from"
-PocketGamer (Gold Award - Score 9)
"Kingdom Rush proves that the defense genre is still alive."
-148Apps (4.5 Stars out of 5) Editor's Choice
"Ironhide Game Studios’ new game Kingdom Rush adds a much-needed shot of non-EA blood to the iPad charts."
"TD with a Touch of Excellence"
-toucharcade.com (4.5 stars out of 5)
The acclaimed action fantasy defense game is now available for iPhone and iPod! Get ready for an epic journey to defend your kingdom against hordes of orcs, trolls, evil wizards and other nasty fiends using a vast arsenal of towers and spells at your command!
Fight on forests, mountains and wastelands, customizing your defensive strategy with different tower upgrades and specializations! Rain fire upon your enemies, summon reinforcements, command your troops, recruit elven warriors and face legendary monsters on a quest to save the Kingdom from the forces of darkness!
Kingdom Rush highlights:
• Epic defense battles that will hook you for hours!
• Command your soldiers and see them engage in hand to hand cartoon battles!
• 8 specialized tower upgrades to customize your strategy! Mighty Barbarians, Arcane Wizards, Forest Rangers to name a few.
• Over 18 tower abilities! Have your Sorcerers summon earth elementals and polymorph your enemies!
• Over 45 different enemies, from Goblins to Demons each with their own skills! (Beware of the mountain Trolls!)
• Intense boss fights never seen on a defense game!
• Hours of gameplay with over 50 achievements
• Extra game modes that will challenge your tactical skills to the limit.
• High definition awesome illustrated cartoon art!
• In-game encyclopedia with information from your towers and enemies.
• Retina display!!!
Device Compatibility: iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4 and 3 generation.
For iPad get Kingdom Rush HD instead!
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Fix Achievement Super Mushroom
A new evil has risen! From the depths of the Rotten Forest a terrible foe is infecting the lands!
The elves seek your aid! Will you be able to help them?
- New free stage: The Fungal Forest!
- Boss fight: Face Myconid and his Rothshrooms that are plaguing the area!
- New Hero: The Mighty Thor joins the battle!
- New Achievements & Easter eggs!
Intense tower game for non tower enthusiasts
Normally tower games aren't for me, but Kingdom Rush is different than the typical hands off watching the towers shoot at enemies game; in this game you are very involved with tactical decisions as the level is in progress. I recommend this game for genre fans and I think some non genre fans like me will like it as well.
You can reset your upgrades at no penalty so I recommend putting them in only one or two categories rather than spreading them thinly, and changing them as needed for each level. If you find a level too difficult, play it on easy and you still get the stars and gems for upgrades.
You can get tons of fun out of this without spending any real money.
Good then Greedy
The original content is wonderful, and well worth the investment. The optional heroes are very fun and worth purchasing. The expanded game has lost its original soul in a monetization dash that leaves players wary at best. The entire "gem situation" is unnecessary and clearly motivated by desires other than good gameplay, or players having fun. Worse, the difficulty of the game is ramped up to masochist intensity simply to justify this wedged in mechanic. Make no mistake, the expanded content is impossible, deliberately so. Lastly, stars are strangely abandoned instead of expanded upon, leaving players with a sense that the original game has been taken over by a different group, with different motivations.
This was a good game that lost itself. However, the original content is still great fun.
The only game app I keep on my iPod!
This game is for people who enjoy a challenge and can take the pressure of losing multiple times. The best part of the game is the feeling of progress you feel after you break down the game mechanics and improve your techniques. I'd prefer if they didn't give tips though it makes me feel like the game is trying to help slower players and because of that you can sometimes invent a technique and take pride in that only to find out that the game gives that advice away to everybody.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 200 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pablo Realini Mompoey
- © 2011 Ironhide Game Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hero Ignus$0.99
- Hero Bolin Farslayer$0.99
- Hero Magnus Spellbane$0.99
- Chest of gems$9.99
- Bag of gems$4.99
- King Denas$2.99
- Handfull of gems$2.99
- Hero Ingvar Bearclaw$2.99
- Hero Oni$2.99
- Hero Elora wintersong$2.99