Use your iPhone or iPad as a professional barcode scanner for your PC or Mac. Scan a barcode with iPhone camera and the data is immediately sent to your computer - just like using USB barcode scanner. Supports all common barcode formats including UPC, EAN, ISBN, and QR codes.
Setup is really simple, after installing drivers for your PC or Mac connection is established automatically. You can start scanning barcodes in a minute! For advanced use you can also add characters before and after barcode - for example appending enter after barcode automatically moves to next cell in spreadsheet application.
Ideal solution for paying bills and organising CD / Blu-ray / DVD / VHS movie catalogs or book library. Can be also used for finance, accounting, project management, wholesale, supply chain and retail tasks with ease.
Before using Kinoni Barcode Reader you need to download Windows drivers from http://www.kinoni.com or Mac App Store, search for "Kinoni Barcode Reader". To use USB-connectivity on Mac you need to download drivers from http://www.kinoni.com instead of Mac App Store.
• Supports all common barcode formats: EAN-13/UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, Code 128, Code 39, Code 93, Interleaved 2 of 5, PDF417, Aztec code, Data Matrix, ITF 417, Databar and QR Code
• Easily add keystrokes before and after barcode data (for example enter- or tab-keys)
• Fully automatic connectivity, connects to your PC or Mac within seconds
• Send barcodes directly to application or clipboard (Kinoni Barcode Reader Pro installed to Mac from http://www.kinoni.com required)
• Supports WiFi connectivity, up to 30 feet (10 meter) range
• Scanned barcodes are entered into any program on your PC or Mac
• Scanning is quick and accurate thanks to our advanced camera processing
• Supports both Windows and OS X computers
• OS X server available from Mac App Store for secure installation and automatic updates
• To to send barcodes directly to applications on OS X please download drivers from http://www.kinoni.com
This app is free for limited personal use, for extended usage you can easily upgrade to Kinoni Barcode Reader Pro using in-app purchase.
-iOS 11 support
-faster and more reliable scanning
Ratings and Reviews
Despite the adware I was able to scan in the barcodes for our inventory using an iPad, a MacBook and this app. Got the info needed, and I'm sure the one without the ads is even better. Our only criticism would be because we had a lot of barcodes next to each other it had a hard time knowing which one to scan, despite being lined up with the red line through the intended target. Ended up making a mask out of sticky notes and got pretty fast at setting it up. Keep refining, it's a very good program and pairing it with the Mac is a great addition.
Simple and Functional.
This barcode app is exactly what I wanted. I catalog books and as nice as it is to have the inventory stored on my phone with other apps, If you're cataloging directly on a Mac or PC, this is invaluable as the ISBN appear instantaneously.
There is a bit of a hassle setting it up. I'm currently using VMWare. You have to download the desktop host client from their site. Make sure not to install the adware.
Both the iOS device and computer must be on the same network and subnet. If your phone isn't communicating, go to services in windows and restart the Bonjour Service.
It would be cool if it worked with networks where devices are on different subjects and to update the app according to the new app development standards that are to come with new iterations of iOS.
Your digits or info appear exactly where the cursor on your computer is.
Does not work across subnets
Two problems that need to be solved urgently. First, no audio-visual feedback when scanning, and secondly, it only works when both the iPhone and computer are connected to the same subnet. It should allow for connection by entering IP address as an option to overcome this limitation. This is usually a problem on business networks where the wireless network is on a separate subnet from the desktop (wired) computers. Same problem happens with their other app (epoccam). Seems like they didn't put much thought into these apps.
- Kinoni Oy
- 11.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kinoni 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Kinoni Barcode Reader Pro $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.