Play your PC games in 3D virtual reality. KinoVR turns your iPhone into virtual reality headset for PC with quality comparable to expensive PC VR headsets. Play all VR games from your Steam library with our StreamVR support. Low-latency Full HD video streaming at 60 frames per second combined with accurate head and positional tracking.
In addition to KinoVR application you need a PC running your games, virtual reality headset such as Google Cardboard, WiFi connection and to install free server software http://kinovr.kinoni.com
For more details about setup and options please visit http://kinovr.kinoni.com
• Supports hundreds of SteamVR games
• 6 degrees of freedom tracking including positional tracking - move around in VR
• Wireless full resolution video streaming at 60 frames per second
• USB connectivity support
• Accurate head tracking with updates 100 times per second
• Adjustable video settings to match your headset
• KinoVR PC server supports Windows Vista or later
• Side-by-side rendering for games that do not support stereo rendering natively
• Audio streaming (KinoVR Pro)
How to get started:
1) Install KinoVR application to your iPhone
2) Install KinoVR server to your PC from http://kinovr.kinoni.com
4) Launch KinoVR PC application from Windows Start Menu
5) Make sure both iPhone and PC are connected to same WiFi network
6) Launch SteamVR game you want to play
7) Launch KinoVR iPhone application and insert iPhone into your VR headset
8) iPhone app automatically connects to PC you will see game screen on VR headset
9) Rotate your head to look around in game and walk around to move in-game
For more detailed instructions and options please visit
Biggest update yet! KinoVR now supports SteamVR and location tracking using ARKit. You can walk around inside virtual reality games. This update also brings support for iPhone X.
Ratings and Reviews
Much better than expected
I think this is a really clever idea, I’ve been testing out for really long time, and I’ve noticed how when you wear it, it actually does feel like you’re in VR, so you don’t even need to get some ridiculously expensive vive, oculus, or any other VR, Whenever I tried it out, it does work, as long as you have the PC driver installed and the app running (You also need an iPhone that’s at least iPhone 7), it should display whatever window is on the screen that you selected, however because iOS devices only support it with a wire, my advice is to buy some sort of cable extender so you can freely move your head around wherever you want, I did notice that the screens are displayed in a pretty small resolution, so when you’re wearing the headset, it does work, but your field of vision isn’t so big, but it’s not that big a deal for me, but I did think it was important to let you guys know, Also, other than the five minute limit, the only time your device ever has a problem with the computer, is sometimes the computer disconnects from the phone temporarily, but one of the greatest things it has in it, is that you can play literally any PC game available, Even ones that are flat pixelated and third person view, which isn’t as great, but is still possible, so I’d give it a 4 rating.
Don’t judge an app by its cover
When I was downloading this, I thought to myself, “Wow I can actually play all of my PC games using my phone as VR Headset! Nothing could go wrong.” Well, it went wrong.
As I downloaded both the app and the file on my PC, I tried booting up one of my VR games and I tried the connection between the Kino App and the game; all I got was a loading screen, then a black screen, and then back to the loading screen. It kept doing this for about thirty minutes and by then I was just done with this app. I deleted the app on my phone and the Kino VR on my PC.
KinoVR seemed very interesting and appealing, but like they say, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Now Kino VR has a lot of potential, and if they can fix any issues that it has (which it has a lot), it will be great. As of now, my rating is a 1 out of 5 stars, and I would hope that Kinoni will fix this so I might reconsider re-downloading and changing my review.
One of he best options for Iphone
Of the few choices in VR streaming apps for Iphone I have to say that this is one of the best options: native head tracking(via mouse control), good FOV, very simple setup, and most importantly and unlike any other VR streamer on the IOS App store it allows for streaming over a usb cable on Iphone.
This means the latency and lag is lower(at least for people like me with a weak or mediocre wifi-router) than any other streamer I've tried(with the minor and totally worth it down-side of being limited by the length if your cable[and to be honest in my opinion it is worth purchasing a longer cable just for this]).
The reason this doesn't get five stars is because the display size is not as customizable as it should be. There is some basic customization but I'm still limited to using only about 3/4 to 4/5 of my screen on the Iphone7+. This means I have inherently lower resolution and FOV than what my phone is capable of.
I'd gladly come back and upgrade this to 5 stars of this single issue was fixed.
- Kinoni Oy
- 10.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Kinoni
- In-App Purchases
- KinoVR Pro $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.