** Winner of Pitch Your Game of the Geek Touch 2017 and Tongolo Awards 2017**
Kissoro is a strategy game/African society game. It belongs to the Mancala family of board games, and has been played for centuries in almost all African countries. Its appeal has lead to it spreading to Asia and the Middle East. It is, in fact, a variant of the well-known ‘Oware’ game.
The aim of the game is to capture all of the opponent's pawns in order to avoid him/her moving. It is of great educational interest:
- The rules of the game are simple to learn
- Strategies require the use of calculations
- Nothing is left to chance
- It tests one’s visual memorization abilities
- It is suitable for kindergarten-age kids and up, and can be used to teach them useful skills
- It also allows players to test their mental math (addition and subtraction)
The game includes a lot of features that offer the user a unique experience and hours of different varieties of play are available, including:
- A multiplayer mode
- A story mode, where the player plays a character and faces several bosses with different play techniques and where more elements of the game are left up to chance, to up the ante
- A classic mode without chance, with the real rules
- A challenge mode, which focuses on mental arithmetic and memorization
- A tutorial, which allows the player to learn how to play
- A daily quest to win gold coins and to spend them in the shop
-contests, where the player must beat an AI in order to win prizes
- A digitally-updated map representing the two kingdoms fighting against each other in story mode. When the player wins or loses a battle, the map updates to show the battle’s effect on the kingdom he/she was playing for.
The game has been manufactured especially for gamers of all levels of competency to enjoy. The game’s difficulty setting changes automatically according to amount of victories and defeats the player has.
This game was created by a young independent developer in order to share his culture with the rest of the world. Thank you for downloading and for taking the time to comment on and rate the game. Thank you.
Russian language added
Free online mode
Ratings and Reviews
Get this one!
Wonderful! Clear explanation on how to play. A plot that gives motivation to keep playing. And it makes me think! It is more complex in all ways than the other mancala apps I have tried. I feel they really went out of their way to make this more engaging and succeeded!
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.