Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.6
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Great App Killed by Buggy Page Turning
Hey! I can buy e-books without killing brick & mortar bookstores! Great! Reasonable selection of books (and I enjoy obscure titles). App loads and runs properly. No troubles with buying books or swapping titles about. Everything about this app was good for me until I started reading. Some pages fail to turn. Punishment for failed page turning is that the software sends you backwards one page. Sometimes this means you go into a fugue of failed page turning that advances you backwards. Too bad.
Decent reading app, but not as good as a Kobo
Organizing your library is much clunkier than on a Kobo e-reader. Worse, you can't actually buy books, or even search the Kobo store, through the app -- it downloads purchases through the website, which is awkward. (Except it won't load free ebooks.) The only reason I actually use it is it syncs my current page with my Kobo.
Very easy to use. Especially since you can have it on many different devices with the same account and it not bother anything and pick up right where you left off.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 09, 2015
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 51.4 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.