Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.8
• Convenient group by Series option in your Library.
• New Google+ sign-in.
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
Let us know what you think! Send your feedback to email@example.com
I really like Kobo
I have read all the very negative reviews, and I have to say that none of the complaints these people have have ever happened to me. I think the app is easy to use and maneuver through. I love the definitions and the "look up in book" or in Google options. The only things I would do different would be to go back to the library format you had when I first started using this app. I would also find a way to leaf through the book easier. I find that having to hold down to get through to different parts of the book can be annoying. Could you make it so that if you were wanting to go to chapter 5, you could just go to that chapter? Just a great app in my opinion.
Bug fixes needed!!!
I am a long time user of Kobo and really enjoy the variety of books they offer. My biggest complaint is as so many others have said... The pages hang or won't turn ahead, they turn back 1 or 2 pages instead. This is absolutely infuriating when it is every 4 pages or so. The fonts also do not change. You get one basic publishers font no matter which one you choose. Is anyone at Kobo reading these reviews? Please fix these issues with the next update! And please make it quick... Thanks!
This app has issues. No updates seem to be able to fix the fact that is slows down for loading chapters and often hangs and won't turn pages. It makes me nuts when it will suddenly flip backwards a page rather than going forward when just tapping the right side of the screen.
Just too many issues to make it enjoyable when reading. It interrupts the pleasure of reading. I only use it for books I bought from Sony's old store. Seriously, Kobo should use the old Sony Reader app if they want something that works.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 7.8
- Size: 82.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.