Kobo Books – Reading App
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Millions of readers love Kobo! Join them today and enjoy over 5 million titles at your fingertips. Read them conveniently on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The Kobo Reading App has the best features for a comfortable and convenient reading experience:
• Customize the way you read. Enjoy crisp, clear text and adjust to the size and style you prefer. Try Night Mode to make reading easier on your eyes before bedtime; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Get free previews for thousands of eBooks to help you find your next great read.
• Pick up right where you left off and never lose your spot. The Kobo Reading App will automatically sync your bookmarks, notes and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Share your love for reading on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Post your favourite quotes, notes, and thoughts from the eBooks you’re reading.
• Rate and review the books you’ve read or read reviews from booklovers like you!
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese or Japanese.
What's New in Version 8.5.1
Here's what's new in our latest release:
• By popular demand, you can once again choose Cover View to see your library items.
• Having trouble navigating your huge library? Drag through it faster with the scrollbar on the side.
• Just like with other apps, you can now click on the tab button to return to the top of the page.
• For each item on your Books page, you can now add it directly to a collection by tapping the More Options button (three dots).
• Bug fixes and general improvements.
I do a lot of e-book reading and I use all of the major five readers. Of them all this is my least favorite. I am not just being mean, but as an avid reader I hope to give constructive input so as to hopefully improve my reading experience. The first thing that could improve is the synchronization between devices, this app is hit and miss in this area. Another feature I don't like is the inability to change the line spacing. The last thing that could be improved is the font sizing, it is a little cumbersome to use! I do use the app and most likely will continue to and look forward to improvements.
New Kobo Version
I really like this app. I've been using Kobo for a long time. If I'm not using the Kindle app, I'm using this one. I gave four stars because it's not perfect. It's really good, but not perfect. And really, the only problem I have is when trying to go back to my library, while reading a book. I'm on an IPad Air 2, and for some reason, it is difficult to get the back feature to show itself, and stay long enough to touch it. It disappears, quickly. It's a great app, and close to perfect. Thanks!
I have been using this app for years, since they migrated the Sony eBook store to KOBO. I find it easy to use, and was able to teach my 64 year old mom to use it - no problems. The only thing that I wish is that you could link to the store and buy books within the app, instead of opening the browser. However, that is a minor inconvenience for a quality app that has no glitches. Thanks!!!!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 01, 2017
- Version: 8.5.1
- Size: 143 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2016 Rakuten Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.