Kobo Reading App – Read Books and Magazines
By Kobo Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Kobo, you can read on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch anywhere, anytime.
Visit Kobo and browse more than 3.5 million free and affordable titles in the Kobo Store, including bestsellers, award winners, new releases, classics, and hidden gems. All your books sync right to the app.
With Kobo’s reading app, you’re able to:
• Pick up right where you left off. We sync your bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can keep reading across all your devices.
• Experience the rich, colorful environment of the world's best magazines.* Our exclusive Guided Reading feature lets you breeze through articles for an uninterrupted read. You can seamlessly navigate through the article all with a simple tap.
• Customize your reading experience. Enjoy crisp, clear text, in the size and style you prefer; try Night Mode for easier nighttime reading; and lock the screen in portrait or landscape mode to read how you like.
• Enjoy first chapter previews for thousands of select books.
• Make your reading a social experience with Reading Life™. Earn fun and surprising awards, track how long it takes to read a book, and much more.
• Add books to your Library from email, the web, or your Dropbox account. You can even read books from your local public library.
• Share ideas with Kobo Pulse™. Find out who in the Kobo Community is reading what you are and discuss what you've read with them.
• Post your activities to Facebook. See what your friends are reading and share quotes, notes, and book reviews with friends. Like and comment on books your friends post to Facebook.
• Read in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, or Japanese.
* Magazines available in US and Canada only
What's New in Version 7.5
Bug fixes and general improvements.
Over-promises, but under-delivers
I've got to Kobo Glo e-reader which I can highly recommend. Much better than my Kindle Paperwhite at less than half the price. The iPhone and iPad app frankly is extremely disappointing though. Here are the issues:
1) Page turning is very buggy. Every other page turns backwards, instead of advancing. Sometimes it goes back by 2-3 pages, before advancing. Very distracting and annoying.
2) Syncing between devices does not work as well as expected. I find that syncing between an iDevices and the Kobo e-reader is actually fine, but not between the iPhone and iPad. I often find myself having to search for the correct reading spot before I can continue.
This all leads to a frustrating reading experience. It could've been so different. When the above actually works, it's a delight and I would give it 5 stars. But for now, I'll rather side-load books as none of the features that would attract me to buying books from the Kobo store actually works well. Come Kobo, sort this out and support your loyal readers! We will then gladly support you in return!
Kobo has most of the features others lack
The Kobo library & ereader app has most of the features that other ebook apps do not. The only complaint which I have is the inability to sort the library alphabetically by author's last name. Sometimes I wonder if the programmers or the people who give them their requirements have ever been inside a real (i.e., not digital) library ... where the books (at least the fiction) are arranged ALPHABETICALLY by the authors' last names and one sees those names and the titles (not space-consuming images of the paperback covers) in that sequence. Why do they confine all readers to viewing those images by date of acquisition?
Oops, another complaint - there seems to be no. Way to highlight text and just how does one make annotations?
It is my favorite with just a few flaws
I like supporting the local bookstore and It is easy to use. I like being able to put books in defined folders. I wish that I could copy and past foreign words or phrases to a translator or characters names to a list I keep in PlainText. Most readers have that problem though. Another flaw is that it brings up a brightness control bar if I try a multi finger swipe. A careful swipe avoids that. Getting rid of the unwanted control bar requires closing the app and reopening which is easy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 7.5
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Kobo Inc.
- © 2013 Kobo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.