KORG iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition
By KORG INC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Korg has teamed up with the hugely popular and globally successful virtual band Gorillaz™ to create a new dedicated beatbox for the iPad: The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition.
The iELECTRIBE is a virtual analog beatbox for the iPad; sound creation is easy, fun and intuitive – just as on a vintage analog synthesizer. Simply choose a part and touch the 16-step sequencer to quickly build a groove. The aggressive sound, unique functionality, and intuitive beat-building style of the iELECTRIBE made it a favorite of Gorillaz for their latest album “The Fall”.
While retaining the intuitive beat-making features of the iELECTRIBE, the special Gorillaz Edition is a new machine customized to generate Gorillaz samples from their fourth album “The Fall” which allow the user to create music in a wide variety of musical styles. The iELECTRIBE Gorillaz Edition features: a unique design and synthesizer engine including 128 new sounds created by Gorillaz; and 64 ready-to-use pre-programmed patterns by the sound team Gorillaz, Stephen Sedgwick, and Korg.
• PCM Synthesizer; 128 PCM Samples; 8 parts x 16 types
Instrument Voices (Parts):
• 8 Total : 8 PCM synthesizer parts
• Master Effect : Assignable per step/per part
• 8 Effect Types : Short Delay, BPM Sync Delay, Grain Shifter, Reverb, Chorus/Flanger, Filter, Talking Modulator, Decimator
• Patterns : 64 steps maximum per part (Motion Sequencing can memorize all knob motions in a pattern)
• Tempo : 20 - 300 BPM (with Tap tempo and Swing function), Pattern-set function (iELECTRIBE has no “Song” function)
• 160 Total : 32 preset patterns x 2 banks; 32 blank patterns x 3 banks
• Virtual Valve Force Tube Modeling
• Audio Export feature : Bounce Pattern, Real-Time Recording (16-Bit / 44.1 kHz Stereo WAV format)
• Publish and share songs online with the SoundCloud music distribution site
• Supports WIST (Wireless Sync-Start Technology)
• Supports “AudioCopy” function
• Supports performance and controls on an external USB-MIDI device (via the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit)
* Commercial use of the works created by using this application is subject to the copyright clearance from right holders.
Follow us on:
● Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/korg.iapps
● Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/korg_iapps
What's New in Version 1.1.3
• iOS 9 and iOS 8 compatible
• Fixed crash during startup on iOS 8
• Bug fixes and improvements
The price is perhaps on the steep side and you're stuck with the samples- many of which are admittedly useless unless you're trying to remix Gorillaz. But if you shorten up the samples and use a core midi compliant keyboard to enter midi notes it can be a lot of fun, despite the 64-note sequence limitation. Most of the samples though aren't uniform in pitch / key so it takes a bit of work to find cohesive samples from the offerings here. The grain effect is very good. I understand there is a copyright on use, but nothing I've made here has really been good enough to carry through to a final mix. I come back to this more than the regular iElectribe because of midi note entry. It would be nice to see better IAA integration, or audio bus input.