By Oliver Grimm
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
KotoTunings is a carefully recorded and beautifully sounding collection of 26 traditional tunings for the 13-stringed Japanese Koto. It can be useful for tuning the Koto by ear, for studying the scales, or for playing with the tunings.
Simple design and operation make your play spontaneously, with sounds both plucked with the right hand using ivory picks and picked with the left hand.
On the left side of the screen the pitch for each string is shown. When touched, a triangle wave with the corresponding frequency is played until deselected.
The middle of the screen represents the 13 strings of the Koto and each string plays a plucked sound at the corresponding pitch.
To the right side the number of the string is shown in Japanese, touching each number produces a plucked sound.
- The root note for all tunings can be switched between D (Ichikotsu), G (Soujyo) and C# (Kamimu). When C# based, the first string is tuned one octave lower (original method of KOTOSTUDIO).
- The right side of the screen shows the string number, the left side shows the note pitch.
-All notes are tuned to a root note of 442Hz.
What's New in Version 2.0
- KotoTunings now plays back audio even with the ringer/silent switch set to silent.
- new tuning function: touching the notes on the left side of the screen produces a sustained triangle wave. this can be useful for tuning the instrument in noisier environments.
- the picked sound is now played back when touching the string number on the right side of the screen.
- many bug fixes and small improvements.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 01, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Oliver Grimm
- © 2017 Oliver Grimm
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.