Koushion MIDI Step Sequencer
By Ian Wagner
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Koushion is a step sequencer for external MIDI devices, digital audio workstation software (Live, Logic, Reason, etc.), and other iOS apps that support background MIDI (Animoog, Sunrizer, WaveGenerator, Alchemy, and more).
See Koushion in action at http://youtube.com/user/kudzucreative/videos
- 16 steps per scene - up to 128 steps in chain mode
- 8 scenes with independent MIDI channel, key, quantization, and playback mode
- MIDI clock send/receive
- 4 playback modes - single, simultaneous, chain, rebound
- Scale - switch between any major, minor, pentatonic, or chromatic scale
- Adjustable step quantization - 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, and 1/32
- Quantized scene switching
- Tap to set tempo - great for syncing with a live band
- Velocity and gate control
- Monophonic drawing mode - only allows one note per step; great for programming leads
- Optional Dark Theme - reduces eyestrain when working in low-light environments
Compatible MIDI Connections:
- Automatic integration with other apps via Core MIDI virtual ports
- Control of external MIDI devices via Core MIDI-compatible devices such as the iRig MIDI and Alesis I/O dock
- MIDI over Wi-Fi via Core MIDI network sessions (not recommended due to latency issues)
Review by Chris Stack of ExperimentalSynth.com
"Koushion has become my go-to sequencer for generating short to mid-length patterns. I just keep coming up with new uses for it. It's a lot of fun with iPad synth apps. I have a lot of hardware synths and Koushion really brings them to life and lets me keep both hands on the synths for maximum expression."
What's New in Version 3.4
Koushion's not dead! More exciting features coming very soon.
* Gate and velocity can be adjusted on a per-layer basis instead of just globally
* Contact info updated with the new developer's email address
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ian Wagner
- © 2014 Ian Wagner
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.