By DIRE Studio
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Multi-point live view, focus peaking, Dual Histogram (RAW + processed), visual bracketing monitor, industrial strength reliability and swift operation are the cornerstones of this premium Canon EOS tethering app.
Tethering for the serious photographer
Connecting your camera to a computer opens up new possibilities. You'll benefit from working on a large screen, precise exposure control and improved focusing accuracy — a must with today's high-megapixel sensors. Besides being lightning fast at basic tasks, a handful of advanced composition and evaluation tools make Kuuvik Capture an indispensable time-saver for the discerning architecture, landscape or studio photograper.
Live view on a higher level
From focusing assistance with real-time sharpening and peaking tools. Through intuitive navigation, focus pulling and alignment grid controls. And culminating in multi-point simultaneous live view* that makes optimizing depth of field and focusing tilt-shift lenses a breeze — the state-of-the-art live view helps you achieve better results faster. All the while being gentle to the MacBook's battery.
* Available on select cameras only (see below).
Kuuvik Capture also brings the tethering advantage to the cinematographer. Think about cameras placed in hard-to-reach locations, or enclosed in a crash box. It’s much easier to set up and execute your shot if you see what you are doing — with the help of the app's advanced live view tools.
* Movie recording is supported on select cameras only (see below).
Rich automation toolset
From simple mirror lock-up and release automation, through 15-shot exposure brackets to 100-shot focus brackets, the app covers everything. You can freely combine brackets with the intervalometer and mirror lock-up, while the Bracketing Monitor oversees your settings and warns you about potential problems. You'll never want to revert to the camera's built-in automation features after trying Kuuvik Capture.
Star the best, trash the rest
Culling a shoot is as easy as selecting the best images and let Kuuvik Capture remove the rest. And this even works on images shoot untethered, outside of the app. Like on a wedding or sport event. The fast image decoding and display engine allows us to skip time consuming preview generation, which is a huge boon when working on thousands of images.
A RAW shooter's best friend
Kuuvik Capture aims to assist you in creating the best and highest quality images possible. This is why we provide special tools for working with RAW files. The Dual Histogram and RAW-based clipping warnings help you avoid exposure issues, while the Unitary WB brings RAW-like histogram capability to the untethered camera. Utilizing industry-standard XMP metadata means that your RAW converter will pick up* where Kuuvik Capture finished its job.
* Requires an XMP-aware RAW converter, such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
Supported Canon EOS cameras
Advanced tethering + movie recording and multi-point live view:
1D X II, 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D II, 7D, 7D II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 100D, 200D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1200D, 1300D, 8000D, 9000D; Rebel SL1, SL2, T5, T6, T6i, T6s, T7i; Kiss X7, X8i, X9, X9i, X70, X80
Advanced tethering + multi-point live view:
1D C, 1D X, 700D; Rebel T5i; Kiss X7i
1D IV, 50D, 60D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 1100D; Rebel T2i, T3, T3i, T4i; Kiss X4, X5, X6i, X50
You may need to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version to be able to use it with Kuuvik Capture.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported on all cameras with built-in Wi-Fi and via the optional Canon WFT-E7 (5D series, 7D II), W-E1 (5DS/R) or WFT-E6/E8 (for Wi-Fi on 1D series) transmitters.
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: http://www.kuuvikcapture.com/tech-specs
What's New in Version 3.2
• Dual Histogram shows Kuuvik Capture's unique RAW histogram along with a traditional histogram generated from processed image data. The processed image's histogram also displays the color space of the image.
• Full support for downloading and displaying JPG files (shot in either RAW+JPG or JPG modes).
• Clipping warnings on the histogram are shown during Live View and for JPG images.
• Added support for EOS 6D Mark II, 200D/Rebel SL2/Kiss X9, 1300D/Rebel T6/Kiss X80. Both multi-point live view and movie recording are supported.
• Added movie recording support for EOS 7D, 750D/Rebel T6i/Kiss X8i, 760D/Rebel T6s/8000D, 1200D/Rebel T5/Kiss X70. Movies are recorded only to the card in the camera. On the EOS 7D live view in movie mode can only be started from the camera. It is a limitation of the EOS 7D.
• Added multi-point live view support for EOS 7D, 750D/Rebel T6i/Kiss X8i, 760D/Rebel T6s/8000D, 1200D/Rebel T5/Kiss X70.
• Drag & drop a folder onto Kuuvik Capture to open it as a session.
• Added preference to force the native 3:2 aspect ratio when shooting stills. It is on by default.
• Added preference to set a preferred editor. The editor can be invoked either via the menus or by pressing Cmd+E.
• Application names under the Open With menu item are sorted alphabetically.
• Under-the-hood Image Browser improvements.
• Under-the-hood display engine improvements to work on macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
• Increased minimum required firmware version for EOS 7D (2.0.6), 1200D/Rebel T5/Kiss X70 (1.0.2).
• ISO values larger than 65535 are now displayed correctly.
• Corrected an issue where 5DS/R files were not displayed on some Macs having an NVidia graphics chip and running macOS 10.12 Sierra.
• Markers in the Navigator are now preserved correctly when changing images.
Bought Kuuvik on the power of reviews. I was looking for an easier way to tether my camera to my Mac. Installation was a breeze and I was able to set up my camera with the app and started taking pix! I also appreciate the upgrades as they come. Thanks for a well made product that I can use.