By DIRE Studio
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tethering for the serious photographer
Connecting your Canon EOS camera to a computer opens up new possibilities. You'll benefit from working on a large screen, precise exposure control and improved focusing accuracy — a must with today's high-megapixel sensors. Besides being lightning fast at basic tasks, a handful of advanced composition and evaluation tools make Kuuvik Capture an indispensable time-saver for the discerning architecture, landscape or studio photograper.
Live view on a higher level
From focusing assistance with real-time sharpening and peaking tools. Through intuitive navigation, focus pulling and alignment grid controls. And culminating in multi-point simultaneous live view* that makes optimizing depth of field and focusing tilt-shift lenses a breeze — the state-of-the-art live view helps you achieve better results faster. All the while being gentle to the MacBook's battery.
* Multi-point live view is available on select cameras only (see below).
Kuuvik Capture also brings the tethering advantage to the cinematographer. Think about cameras placed in hard-to-reach locations, or enclosed in a crash box. It’s much easier to set up and execute your shot if you see what you are doing — with the help of the app's advanced live view tools.
* Movie recording is supported on select cameras only (see below).
Rich automation toolset
From simple mirror lock-up and release automation, through 15-shot exposure brackets to 100-shot focus brackets, the app covers everything. You can freely combine brackets with the intervalometer and mirror lock-up, while the Bracketing Monitor oversees your settings and warns you about potential problems. You'll never want to revert to the camera's built-in automation features after trying Kuuvik Capture.
Star the best, trash the rest
Culling a shoot is as easy as selecting the best images and let Kuuvik Capture remove the rest. And this even works on images shoot untethered, outside of the app. Like on a wedding or sport event. The fast image decoding and display engine allows us to skip time consuming preview generation, which is a huge boon when working on thousands of images.
A RAW shooter's best friend
Kuuvik Capture aims to assist you in creating the best and highest quality images possible. This is why we focus on working with RAW files only. The RAW histogram and clipping warnings help you avoid exposure issues, while the special Unitary WB brings RAW-like histogram capability to the untethered camera. Utilizing industry-standard XMP metadata means that your RAW converter will pick up* where Kuuvik Capture finished its job.
* Requires an XMP-aware RAW converter, such as Adobe Photoshop Lightroom.
Advanced tethering, plus movie recording and multi-point live view:
EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5D Mark IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 7D Mark II, 70D, 77D/9000D, 80D, 100D/Rebel SL1/Kiss X7, 800D/Rebel T7i/Kiss X9i
Advanced tethering, plus multi-point live view:
EOS-1D C, 1D X, 700D/Rebel T5i/Kiss X7i
EOS-1D Mark IV, 7D, 50D, 60D, 550D/Rebel T2i/Kiss X4, 600D/Rebel T3i/Kiss X5, 650D/Rebel T4i/Kiss X6i, 750D/Rebel T6i/Kiss X8i, 760D/Rebel T6s/8000D, 1100D/Rebel T3/Kiss X50, 1200D/Rebel T5/Kiss X70
You may need to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version to be able to use it with Kuuvik Capture.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported on EOS-1D X, 1D X II, 1D C, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS/R, 6D, 7D II, 70D, 77D/9000D, 80D, 800D/Rebel T7i/Kiss X9i. Network connection may require the optional Canon Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E7 (5D series, 7D II), W-E1 (5DS/R) or WFT-E6/E8 (for Wi-Fi on 1D series).
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: http://www.kuuvikcapture.com/tech-specs
What's New in Version 3.1
• Added support for Canon EOS 77D/9000D, 800D/Rebel T7i/Kiss X9i via USB and Wi-Fi connections. Movie recording and multi-point live view are supported with these cameras.
• Added movie recording support with EOS 6D, 80D. Movies are recorded only to the card in the camera.
• Added multi-point live view support with EOS 80D.
• Automatic camera date, time and time zone synchronization option. It can be enabled in Preferences.
• Revamped Preferences window for better fit on small displays.
• FlexiZone Single AF mode is automatically set before operations that require it (multi-point live view, zooming, Point of Operation repositioning).
• Increased minimum required firmware version for EOS 6D (1.1.7), 80D (1.0.2).
• Picture Style and White Balance controls are now enabled before live view is started for the first time.
I wish that there was a keystroke to open the photo directly in photoshop rather than having to right click it… slightly inneficient. Other than that, it’s a stupendous app