By DIRE Studio
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Multi-point live view, focus peaking, Dual Histogram (RAW + processed), visual bracketing monitor, industrial strength reliability and swift operation are the cornerstones of this premium Canon EOS tethering app.
Tethering for the Serious Photographer
Connecting your camera to a computer opens up new possibilities. You'll benefit from working on a large screen, precise exposure control and improved focusing accuracy — a must with today's high-megapixel sensors. Besides being lightning fast at basic tasks, a handful of advanced composition and evaluation tools make Kuuvik Capture an indispensable time-saver for the discerning architecture, landscape or studio photograper.
Live View on a Higher Level
From focusing assistance with real-time sharpening and peaking tools. Through intuitive navigation, focus pulling and alignment grid controls. And culminating in multi-point live view* that makes optimizing depth of field and focusing tilt-shift lenses a breeze — the state-of-the-art live view helps you achieve better results faster. All the while being gentle to the MacBook's battery.
* Available on select cameras only (see below).
Kuuvik Capture also brings the tethering advantage to the cinematographer. Think about cameras placed in hard-to-reach locations, or enclosed in a crash box. It’s much easier to set up and execute your shot if you see what you are doing — with the help of the app's advanced live view tools.
* Movie recording is supported on select cameras only (see below).
Rich Automation Toolset
From simple mirror lock-up and release automation, through 15-shot exposure brackets to 100-shot focus brackets, the app covers everything. You can freely combine brackets with the intervalometer and mirror lock-up, while the Bracketing Monitor oversees your settings and warns you about potential problems. You'll never want to revert to the camera's built-in automation features after trying Kuuvik Capture.
Star the Best, Trash the Rest
Culling a shoot is as easy as selecting the best images and let Kuuvik Capture remove the rest. And this even works on images shoot untethered, outside of the app. Like on a wedding or sport event. The fast image decoding and display engine allows us to skip time consuming preview generation, which is a huge boon when working on thousands of images.
A RAW Shooter's Best Friend
Kuuvik Capture aims to assist you in creating the best and highest quality images possible. This is why we provide special tools for working with RAW files. The Dual Histogram and RAW-based clipping warnings help you avoid exposure issues, while the Unitary WB brings RAW-like histogram capability to the untethered camera. Utilizing industry-standard XMP metadata means that your RAW converter could pick up where Kuuvik Capture finished its job.
Want to Learn More?
The eBook "Kuuvik Capture Inside Out" explains every feature of the app. It's a free download from: http://www.kuuvikcapture.com/the-book
Supported Canon EOS Cameras
Advanced tethering + movie recording and multi-point live view:
1D X II, 5D II, 5D III, 5D IV, 5DS, 5DS R, 6D, 6D II, 7D, 7D II, 70D, 77D, 80D, 100D, 200D, 750D, 760D, 800D, 1200D, 1300D, 8000D, 9000D; Rebel SL1, SL2, T5, T6, T6i, T6s, T7i; Kiss X7, X8i, X9, X9i, X70, X80
Advanced tethering + multi-point live view:
1D C, 1D X, 700D; Rebel T5i; Kiss X7i
1D IV, 50D, 60D, 550D, 600D, 650D, 1100D; Rebel T2i, T3, T3i, T4i; Kiss X4, X5, X6i, X50
You may need to upgrade the camera's firmware to the latest available version to be able to use it with Kuuvik Capture.
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled.
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported on all cameras with built-in Wi-Fi and via the optional Canon WFT-E7 (5D series, 7D II), W-E1 (5DS/R) or WFT-E6/E8 (for Wi-Fi on 1D series) transmitters.
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: http://www.kuuvikcapture.com/tech-specs
What's New in Version 3.3.1
• Corrected possible sharpening artifacts on some GPUs at 10x/16x live view magnification.
• Double-clicking an image at an intermediate magnification level between "Fit on Screen" and 100% will now zoom to 100% instead of going to "Fit on Screen".
PLUS ALL THE IMPROVEMENTS FROM KUUVIK CAPTURE 3.3
• Improved sharpening and peaking implemented on our new high-performance display engine.
• Shadow/highlight clipping warnings generated from processed (JPEG) data are now available along the RAW clipping warnings. Processed warning layers can be toggled separately from the RAW counterparts. They are available in live view and during movie recording. There are four color themes to choose from: red/blue, yellow/purple, black/white and inverse.
• "Clipping Warnings" toolbar button and menu item to control whether clipping warnings are visible at all, with no need to turn each layer on/off separately.
• Reduced aliasing in the RAW shadow clipping warning layer.
• Monochrome viewing mode.
• Block boundary artifact reduction that activates at 75-100% zoom levels for RAW preview images. It can be disabled in Preferences.
• Right-click context menu for live view.
• Added a keyboard shortcut for the "Don't Enlarge Live View" menu item.
• Added the "Clear Markers" command to the displayed image's right-click context menu.
• Sharpening is now kept at the same visual level during zooming. The previous method (increased sharpness when zoomed out) can be chosen in Preferences.
• Keyboard shortcut for the white balance picker has changed to B. The W key now toggles clipping warnings.
• Corrected an issue where image resolution might drop on Macs having a Retina display.
• Corrected a problem with releasing the shutter when "Release shutter without card" is disabled on the camera and there's no card in the camera.
T/S Lens Focus
Great for focusing tilt/shift lens. Architect