By Patrick Crager
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is a community portal application for members of Shacknews.com, a website dedicated to video game news coverage. Shacknews.com has in-depth reviews, interviews, and breaking news on every major platform and developer. This application allows perusal of comment threads on the website's stories. Participation requires a valid account username and password.
* Special thanks to Willie (boarder2) Zutz, Jeff (Yanks) Forbes, Patrick (Patch-e) Crager, and Glenn ('flip') Hitchcock for programming and design assistance, and some additional awesome features.
What's New in Version 4.4.0
- Built for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus
- UI updates to support iOS 8
- Many bug fixes
- New thread pinning UI. A pin button is now on the thread/reply separator toolbar. Pinning/unpinning is no longer a double tap action on the navigation header.
- Tap the "Password" labels in Settings to toggle plain-text viewing of saved password
- The "Clock" icon that toggled time-based traversal of threads via the arrow buttons have been removed from thread/reply separator toolbar. Arrow buttons now always traverse replies in a time-based manner.
- Camera / Photo upload feature on iPad now utilizes the full screen
- Side menu on iPhone now larger, still behaves the same as it previously did.
- Keyboard now overlays text inputs on Post/Message composition screens, automatically resizes it's inner size based on keyboard size & availability.
- Improved landscape orientation support. Status bar automatically hides when in landscape orientation on iPhone.
- Better support for images embedded in Stories in wake of the gnuShack redesign.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 28, 2014
- Version: 4.4.0
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Patrick Crager
- © 2008 Alex Wayne
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.