LaunchD Task Scheduler
By Thomas Barker
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
LaunchD Task Scheduler is a very simple to use and intuitive task scheduler for your Mac. It Creates, Edits and Delete Tasks which are used to automate launching application or scripts based on your specified schedule. Don't just take my word for it, read my reviews!
Video Demo: http://failedinsider.com/launchdemo
or click support link
Advantages over other apps:
* Automatic detection of Automator jobs, perl, python, ruby, workflow scripts and more!
* Other apps do not allow editing, only creation of tasks
* Program parameter or arguments, other do not allow you to specify
* Great FAQ and quick expert tech support
* No need to log out or restart to start or remove a task
* Unlike other apps this places the files in the correct location, there are no further steps required
This app can start an app, command or script automatically at any schedule you choose and has many advanced features.
It can run tasks based on Mac events and will even restart a task on the event of a crash.
The UI is simple to use and can quickly create a task but it is also backed with complex features if required. Such as the ability to have tasks run with I/O priority reduced and nice levels.
This app makes configuration of LaunchD a breeze.
-- List of Functionality --
* Create / Edit / Delete tasks (Not just create like other apps!)
* Places the task in the correct folder to auto launch (Other apps dont!)
* Create tasks to run at intervals, once a day, once a week, once a month
* Create tasks to run on an event
* When a volume is mounted
* At login
* Run on modification of a folder including empty ones
* keep a task running and restart it if it crashs
* Specify working directory for a task
* Automatic detection of Automator jobs, perl, python, ruby, workflow scripts, applications and application stubs
* Specify a root directory for a task
* Redirect stdout, stdin, stderr
* Set the nice level of a task
* Force low priority I/O for a task
* Enable globbing
What's New in Version 1.0.6
- Copy bug fixed when creating/amending a job
- Fixed minor bug with specifying arguments to a program with spaces in the argument or the program
I purchased this to schedule downloads for a satellite ISP with data limits. I wrote an Automator and wanted it to run independent of timing in iCal. I found this program. It is simple to use and works as advertised. The developer is lighting quick with support and help.
Using this program, the Automator I wrote, and the Energy Saver Preferences window, I can now do those downloads during off peak times without having to stay up to 2 am.
I will also be using it for System Software updates as well. There is a myriad of things this program can be used for. The price is right and with a little imagination it’s not necessary to get more expensive alternatives that also possibly have a higher system overhead. There are other alternatives that are more expensive and possibly more complex than most neophyte users would need.
The program is a quick and simple to use GUI to a program that is already resident on your system - it just makes it super easy to set up.
Kudos to the developer.