Layar - Augmented Reality
By Layar B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Connect digital content with the real world with Layar - the world’s #1 augmented reality app.
Scan print materials enhanced with Layar to view rich digital experiences right on top! Then be amazed as extra digital content appears, allowing you to interact with your world in a whole new way!
• See magazines come alive with videos right on the page!
• Easily buy items with direct mobile shopping links.
• Connect with links to web content and share items on social media.
• Browse and view thousands of Geo Layers to find stuff nearby, like ATMs, restaurants, historical locations and more!
Don’t know what to scan? Look for the Layar logo on magazines, newspapers and other materials, or try scanning a QR code!
You can also scan the posters for the world’s most popular releases and coming attractions to watch the trailer, get more info, see what the critics say and more!
Try also some of the new features we added in the last couple of updates:
• Pop out content. Enjoy interactive print away from the page! Tap the pop out icon and continue your experience.
• Favorites. Save your favorite interactive print experiences — like recipes, coupons and more — so you can view them again later without needing to scan!
What's New in Version 8.5
— Introducing the support of event handlers to allow complex and multi-scene AR experiences with content updates triggered by various events in the AR scene. Learn more about this update in our blogpost (https://www.layar.com/news/blog/).
— Various bug fixes.
LONG time user, now unusable
I've used this for years and years. I have no idea what the strategy is, when it was first released the spotcrime, tweeps, and Instagram layars were a fantastic peek into possibility.
This peek has gone nowhere. Yelp monocle smoked it's usability immediately and this app has gone nowhere. There seems to be zero useful features added since 2010 or so. Like are there actually people that work there? Is it an organized crime front? What's going on over there, are they on drugs or drinking? How are new, useless updates being pushed? Is this a bot? If there were people behind this thing since 2010, there's probably been years of therapy addressing existential worth and lost sleep. Aren't they worries what their kids will think of them? Maybe an intervention is needed.
Anyway, I just downloaded to check crime in an area I moved to. Errors to locating me on a couple devices and the same app I've used for six years is now useless. This was super cool six years ago, but only in terms of consideration of further development. That development never came and this is just a bug eating space on the App Store.
Picked up my State Park Guide and it came alive with this app! Even the front cover was rad!
Hey, it's OK when it works - which is about 10% of the time. What a frustrating waste of time trying to scan to get at some content I'm asked to consume during a conference.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 19, 2016
- Version: 8.5
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Layar B.V.
- © 2016 Layar B.V.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.