LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the events of Harry Potter's first four years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! Also check out LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, available now!
-Top iPhone Game of 2010 (RPG Category) - TouchArcade***
"This is the game to show your doubting friends as I don't believe a game of this depth or breadth presently exists on the App Store, and certainly not one with the care and attention that the Warner Bros. team have expended on it."(TouchArcade.com)
"Okay, so if you're buying only one game this week, which one should it be? No contest: Lego Harry Potter. It's that good, even if you're not a fan of boy wizards or building blocks."(CNET.com)
"...early impressions seem to indicate that this could be one of the best games currently on the platform."(Kotaku.com)
"LEGO Harry Potter looks razor sharp on a Retina display device."(IGN - 8 out of 10)
"...instantly charming and thoroughly impressive."(PocketGamer - 8 out of 10)
Play as Harry, Ron, Hermione and many more as you explore Hogwarts and engage in countless hours of gameplay spread across 40+ levels based on the Harry Potter books and movies. LEGO® Harry Potter™: Years 1-4 brings the world of LEGO® Harry Potter to life on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, giving gamers the power to play with LEGO characters and models in a brand new way. Based on the first four Harry Potter books and movies, LEGO® Harry Potter: Years 1-4 builds on the foundations of previous LEGO® video games by offering a mix of fun, accessible gameplay and light-hearted humor – appealing to all ages. Players can explore the wizarding world and feel as though they are at Hogwarts.
• The Events of Harry Potter’s First Four Years at Hogwarts – LEGO® style! – including the Triwizard Tournament, the Quidditch World Cup, the Basilisk battle in the Chamber of Secrets, the encounter with Aragog and the face-to-face confrontation with Voldemort himself.
• Stunning Graphics – take advantage of the Retina Display.
• Intuitive Touch-Screen Controls – take complete control over your character to explore, solve puzzles and duel.
• An Authentic Harry Potter Experience:
• Visit Iconic locations – including Diagon Alley, the Forbidden Forest, the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts castle – a grand, immersive 3-D environment and the largest, most detailed LEGO® game location ever built.
• Play as over 100 characters – including Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger.
• Attend Hogwarts – cast spells, mix potions, fly on broomsticks and complete hundreds of magical tasks to earn points.
• Character Customization – using hundreds of different LEGO® Harry Potter pieces.
• Classic LEGO® Humor – enjoy the characteristic comedic LEGO® ‘twist’ on events from the fiction.
• Endless Replayability – use ‘Freeplay’ to discover areas of gameplay not accessible in Story Mode.
• Collectables – pick up a huge variety of items throughout the game.
**Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• Tapper World Tour
• Tapper World Tour HD (iPad only)
• Harry Potter: Spells
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
What's New in Version 2.4
Game Center Updates
Unfortunate waste of time and money.
I totally loved this app at first. Now I'm stuck at the boss battle for year two. I do what the game says and nothing happens. I'm supposed to kill a giant snake and the thing isn't dying. It doesn't even have a life bar to indicate if its stuffed any damage or not. I tried everything I could think of.
*****Note the game will not allow you to progress past the last saved point until you complete the game chapter you are in. Meaningful for me that I can't get any further in the game until I kill the stupid giant snake. *****
Of course when my efforts didnt work I came back here to the App Store to contact support. "Error unable to create new ticket." The e-form to contact support won't work for me. I'm already frustrated and now I'm thinking its convient that a paying customer literally can't complain because you can't contact support. I want my $5 back. Oh wait, can't get it because I can't contact the game makers.
Maybe the game will work for you on your device, but just in case it doesn't I suggest saving your money or spending it some where else.
Worst game ever. Deserves a negative FIVE Stars!!
This app/game should be removed from the app store, and I will explain why below.
First of all you have to nuke the buttons before the game will register any input. Second, the game once sensing input seems always choose a different option then you had selected, excuse me you had "nuked". Third, it constantly changes the language of the instructions so unless you are fluent in 6-8 languages then you should not buy this app. And when you try to go back to set the language back to the one you prefer -- as stated above you are redirected to every option other than the language option. 😖😠😁.
So unless there is a major fix to the multiple major flaws in this app, it should be removed from the app store. This app is causing MAJOR headaches in me and my 6 1/2 yr old son. He refuses to delete the app but keeps on trying to play the app with extreme frustrations.
I do not take any joy in writing an extremely negative review of any app in the app store, and I would prefer to stay quiet but when the level of frustration reached all new heights, I had no option but to write this review.
That's what I'm talking about!
Wow. I got this app a while back when it was 99¢ (not sure what price is now, but wait til a holiday for a sale), and didn't play it. Yesterday, I ran out of space on my 32 gb iPod. I went on an "app-killing spree" and deleted nearly half of the apps I had. This is one of the 20 or so apps I kept, and I'm glad I did!
I started playing a few minutes ago, an I'm already loving this game! The gameplay is pretty smooth, the cutscenes are HILARIOUS, and the graphics are top-notch. My only complaint is I use the D-pad control scheme, and if I drag my finger too far, it won't register. This kind of stinks, because I'm so intrigued with this game! But I would definitely recommend this game, even if you aren't a diehard HP fan.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 29, 2012
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 476 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- Harry Potter characters, names, and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter publishing rights © JKR WB Games Logo, WB Shield; ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s10)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.