Helping you to meditate during Lent season with these meditations by St. Thomas Aquinas.
There are meditations for 63 days starting from Septuagesima Sunday until Holy Saturday with the following topics:
- The Work of the Vineyard
- On Doing Good
- The Prayer of Our Lord in the Garden
- Good Works
- The Reward
- The Need for Caution
- On Reforming Ourselves
- The Seed
- The Goodness of God
- The Remembrance of Our Lord's Passion
- The Need to be Watchful
- Our Watch must be Ceaseless
- The Worship due to God
- How are We to Serve God?
- How We should Serve God on the Lord's Day
- Our Lord is Scourged
- The Crown of Thorns
- The Grain of Wheat
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Tempted
- Christ had to be Tempted in the Desert
- Christ Underwent every Kind of Suffering
- How Great was the Sorrow of Our Lord in His Passion?
- It was Fitting that Christ should be Crucified with Thieves
- The Feast of the Holy Lance and the Nails of Our Lord
- The Love of God Shown in the Passion of Christ
- God the Father Delivered Christ to His Passion
- It was Fitting that Our Lord should Suffer at the Hand of the Gentiles
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Meritorious Act
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was an Act of Satisfaction
- The Passion of Christ Brought about Our Salvation because It was a Sacrifice
- Feast of the Holy Winding Sheet
- The Passion of Christ Wrought Our Salvation by Redeeming Us
- It is the Passion of Christ That has Freed Us from Sin
- The Passion of Christ has Delivered Us from the Devil
- Christ is Truly Our Redeemer
- The Price of Our Redemption
- The Preaching of the Samaritan Woman
- It is by the Passion of Christ that We have been Freed from the Punishment due to Sin
- The Passion of Christ Reconciles Us to God
- Christ by His Passion Opened to Us the Gates of Heaven
- Christ by His Passion Merited to be Exalted
- The Example of Christ Crucified
- The Divine Friend
- The Death of Lazarus
- The Precious Blood
- There was not Any more Fitting Way to Free the Human Race than through the Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ
- The Passion of Christ is Remedy against Sin
- The Burial of Christ
- On Being Buried Spiritually
- Which is the Greatest Sign of His Love Our Lord has Given Us?
- Our Lady's Suffering in the Passion
- How We, Each of Us, should Wash One Another's Feet
- Christ's Passion Serves Us as an Example
- It is Necessary that We be Wholly Clean
- Christ Preparing to Wash the Apostle's Feet
- Three Things are Symbolised by the Washing of the Feet
- The Last Supper
- The Death of Christ
- Why Our Lord Went Down to Limbo
Please pray for holy souls in Purgatory and also for me as I continue to develop Catholic apps.
Optimised for iOS 9 with San Francisco font used throughout the app
Added 3D Touch shortcut items feature to quickly launch today's meditation, continue from last meditation, view preparatory prayer or set reminder.
Ratings and Reviews
I Love the Thought Provoking Meditations
02/14/2018 Update- For those who are looking for a nice app for your Lenten season meditation this app does work in iOS 11.
As with all the apps done by this developer the Lenten Meditation app provides a great launching pad to contemplate the deepest purpose of the meaning of our Catholic faith and the importance placed on the Lenten season. Not just in simple "we know why we celebrate it" way. But the seeds planted for the meditation really drill down and cause you to contemplate the meaning. I've caught myself so deep in thought that and prayer an hour has passed. Once again, thanks for a great job. God Bless.
Precisely what it says
Handily split up into sections and can remember where you were last.
Update: now lets you set reminders and more. A good update, and Aquinas still good!
I have really enjoyed this app during this Lenten season.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.