English-English Dictionary and Thesaurus for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
LexicEN is a fast, offline dictionary that features:
• FAST, OFFLINE SEARCH - no Internet connection necessary!
• LARGE DATABASE - more than 150.000 words with definition, pronunciation, example sentences, synonyms, antonyms and similar words.
• INTERACTIVE TEXT - tap on any word to look it up immediately.
• INCREMENTAL SEARCH - the results are updated as you type.
• HISTORY - access any of the last 50 words that where looked up with one tap. Browse forward and backward in your search history by swiping.
• CUSTOMIZABLE FAVORITES - create categories for your favorites to organize your bookmarked words.
• PRONUNCIATION EXAMPLES - tap on the pronunciation of a word to see examples of all symbols used (IPA Notation).
• UNIVERSAL APP - optimized for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch!
• iCLOUD SYNC - your word lists will be automatically synchronized between all your devices.
LexicEN includes contents from
WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
CMUdict 0.7 Copyright (C) 1993-2008 Carnegie Mellon University. All rights reserved.
• Optimised for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Very Good - Needs just a couple of things
Good basic dictionary with speed & ability to create personal lists of favorites. However, there still are some words with incomplete definitions, so the full and true meaning of those words is not reflected (which can be misleading). I use this app very, very often (daily), and still would like ro see (1) the ability to add personal notes/comments without, of course, impacting the app's database, and (2) the ability to share (at least via email) my lists of words and defs in the Favorites folders I've created.
I love the most that it gives us the option under settings to start in search tab. I also love that it is able to be used offline and that it allows us to make categories for our favorites because I like to create different categories for different books I read.
I bought this app to see meaning of words and it keeps asking for review each time I launch this app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.